David Bassous - Rabbi
Ray Morris - President
Visit our Website at http://etzahaim.org for the latest news
- Shachrit: 6:30am
- Shir Hashirim: 4:05pm
- Mincha and Arvit: 4:28pm
- Candle Lighting: 4:35pm
Full Range of Children's Groups: 9:45am - 11:30am
- Boys 6 and up in the Library
- Girls 6 and up upstairs left classroom.
- Children 3 - 5 upstairs right classroom
- Shachrit: 8:45am
- Latest Shema: 9:00am
- Kiddush: Sponsored by the Tawil and Rushefsky families in memory of their great grandfather Hacham Haim David Tawil Hakohen on his 75th yarzeit.
- The Building of the First temple -- Rabbi Bassous: 3:20pm
- Mincha: 4:20pm
Seuda Shelishit after Mincha
- Sponsored by Yitzchak and Tiffy Naggar and Family in memory of their father.
- Topic: The Good and Evil Eye
Arvit and Shabbat Ends: 5:35pm
- Shacharit: 8:30am
- Women's class: 10:00am: Happiness
- Shulchan Aruch Class: 4:05pm
- Mincha and Arvit: 4:35pm
Monday - Thursday
- Shacharit: 6:30am
- Shulchan Aruch Class: 7:00pm
- Arvit (Tuesday-Thursday): 7:30pm
Next Week - Friday
- Shacharit: 6:30am
- Shir Hashirim: 4:30pm
- Mincha: 4:43pm
- Candle lighting 4:43pm
- Parsha and Halacha: Shabbat and Sunday: 8:00am
- Nach: Shabbat: 3:15pm
- Woman's Class: Happiness: Sunday: 10:00am
- Mishna-a-Day: Monday to Friday: 7:20am
- Halacha-a-Day: Monday - Thursday: 7:00pm
- Bitachon: Mondays: 8:00pm
- Talmud Berachot: Tuesdays: 8:00pm
Bikur Cholim of Raritan Valley is thrilled to announce the new hospitality room at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital! It is located on the main floor. Go through the main entrance and bear left towards the gift shop. Turn right through the double doors. Follow hall and turn right. The room is located opposite the surgical intensive care unit. You will find it fully stocked with food and any items that you might need. There is a microwave, urn, sink, table & chairs, For inquiries, please call the helpline at 732-572-7181
If you have an outstanding balance with Etz Ahaim, please send in your payment to help the Synagogue. Your help is appreciated.
If you are the last person to leave the building (except for Shabbat and Chaggim) make sure all the lights are out
If you are celebrating a simcha or want to remember a loved one, sponsor a kiddush is one of the best ways to mark the occasion. Please contact Yvonne at 908-227-5194. To sponsor a seuda or a Sunday morning breakfast, call the shul at 732-247-3839.
Our condolences to Ben Hakakian and his family on the loss of their Father OBM
Bikur Cholim of Congregation Etz Ahaim
Our Congregation has its own Bikur Cholim Committee. If you know of a congregant who is in the hospital or a nursing home and would like a visit, please let us know. If there is a Home-bound congregant who is in need of a visit or assistance, we can help. We may also be able to make contact with a Jewish Agency which may be able to provide additional services. Please call Rose Reiss at 732-828-7415.
Nursing Home Visitation: Seeking volunteers to visit Mollie Reuben, Esther Tucker, Red Mordoh, and Shirley Cohen and others at the Regency nursing home on DeMott Lane in Somerset. For more info or an updated list of residents requesting visitors, please call Rahel Baruh at 732-672-4673 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Transportation Committee: Drivers and coordinators needed. Coordinate rides to and from medical appointments - match requests with an available driver. Each coordinator serves for two weeks at a time. To volunteer to coordinate or to drive, please call Bikur Cholim hotline at 732-572-7181 or fill out the volunteer form on the website bikurcholimrv.com
The congregation extends get-well wishes to:
- Al Benzilio
- Soroh Rosen
- Viktorya Koen
- Avishai ben Esther
- Galina bat Riva
- Joey Cenci (Yoseph Michael ben Yael Rut)
- Linda Balavram (Emuna bat Sarah)
- Esther Tucker
- Red Mordoh
- Nancy Reich
- Yehudah Reich
- Benny Mayo
- Mary Belsky
- Esther Arouh
- Lilas Saltiel
- Donna Bardy
- Mary Naar
- Lita Greenberg
- Bradley Greenberg
- Marcelo Schor
- Sarah bat Naava
- Perla bat Leah
- SemPlus evening shiur for post seminary girls: Please call the hotline to confirm at 732-966-6503.
Achieving Change Through Torah
The ACTT (Achieving Change Through Torah) program helps individuals succeed in making meaningful and lasting changes in their lives.
- Previous ACTT module: Kiddush Hashem 1
- Source book: Living Kiddush Hashem by Rabbi Shraga Freedman.
- "A Powerful Segulah for Yom Hadin", speaker Rabbi Dovid Goldwasser, can be downloaded or listened to from the Audio page of the ACTT website. For more information go to the ACTT website, email ACTT or call Phil Rosen at 732-572-8762.
Tiferes DVD for women: What is Ahavah? Cultivating this middah in ourselves and our children.
Speakers: Rabbi Leib Kelemen and Rabbi Fishel Schachter.
Motzai Shabbos, Jan. 21 at 8:30 PM, at the Siegel house.
Weekly teleconferences with topics such as shalom bayit and parenting are available to Tiferes members.
- Current teleconference: Connecting through Challenge
with Mrs. Chany Feldbrand. For more info, please contact Aviva email@example.com.
The Highland Park / Edison group of Tiferes is zecher l'nishmas Malka bas Shalom.
Highland Park Mikvah
The Highland Park mikvah is ready to be transformed into a most beautiful, inviting facility, one which the entire community can be proud of!
Last night the mikvah will be open is Saturday, January 14. Anticipated reopening before Pesach 2017.
More information on other mikvahs in the area will be forthcoming.
- The Highland Park Mikvah now has Tzedakah boxes! Please contact Aviva at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain one.
- If you are purchasing from Amazon, please consider signing up with http://www.amazonsmiles.com. A donation will be made to Park Mikvah.
- Sunday through Thursday until March 8: 8:00pm - 10:30pm
- Motzai Shabbot January 7th: 7:30 - 10:00 PM.
- Friday nights by appointment only. Please arrive with enough time to be out before closing time.
- Please check the mikvah website and/or call our phone message, before coming, for any updates as to when the mikvah will be closing.
Bikur Cholim OWLS (Overnight Women Labor Support): A complimentary service for maternity situations whereby volunteers will come to stay with your kids during the night. For more info on receiving this service or becoming a volunteer, please contact Rikki at 732-249-5116. Thank you.