David Bassous - Rabbi
Ray Morris - President
Visit our Website at http://etzahaim.org for the latest news
- Shachrit: 6:30am
- Shir Hashirim: 4:30pm
- Mincha and Arvit: 4:44pm
- Candle Lighting: 4:44pm
Full Range of Children's Groups: 9:45am - 11:30am
- Boys 6 and up in the Library
- Girls 6 and up upstairs left classroom.
- Children 3 - 5 upstairs right classroom
- Shachrit: 8:45am
- Latest Shema: 9:00am
- Kiddush: Sponsored by Rabbi & Mrs. Moshe Silver and family in honor of the Rambam's Hilula
- The First Temple -- Rabbi Bassous: 3:30pm
- Mincha: 4:30pm
- Seuda Shelishit after Mincha
- Sponsored by Albert Mitzner & Family in memory of his father and the memory of Solomom and Violetta Silfen and Family.
- Topic: Lighting Candles on Friday night with Dr. Russ-Fishabane
- Arvit and Shabbat Ends: 5:35pm
- Shacharit: 8:30am
- Women's class: 10:00am: Happiness
- Shulchan Aruch Class: 4:15pm
- Mincha and Arvit: 4:45pm
Monday - Thursday
- Shacharit: 6:30am
- Shulchan Aruch Class: 7:00pm
- Arvit (Tuesday-Thursday): 7:30pm
Next Week - Friday
- Shacharit: 6:30am
- Shir Hashirim: 4:35pm
- Mincha: 4:52pm
- Candle lighting 4:52pm
- Parsha and Halacha: Shabbat and Sunday: 8:00am
- Nach: Shabbat: 3:15pm
- Woman's Class: Happiness: Sunday: 10:00am
- Mishna-a-Day: Monday to Friday: 7:20am
- Halacha-a-Day: Monday - Thursday: 7:00pm
- Bitachon: Mondays: 8:00pm
- Talmud Berachot: Tuesdays: 8:00pm - Starting Chapter Two
Bikur Cholim of Raritan Valley is thrilled to announce the new hospitality room at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital! It is located on the main floor. Go through the main entrance and bear left towards the gift shop. Turn right through the double doors. Follow hall and turn right. The room is located opposite the surgical intensive care unit. You will find it fully stocked with food and any items that you might need. There is a microwave, urn, sink, table & chairs, For inquiries, please call the helpline at 732-572-7181
If you have an outstanding balance with Etz Ahaim, please send in your payment to help the Synagogue. Your help is appreciated.
If you are the last person to leave the building (except for Shabbat and Chaggim) make sure all the lights are out
If you are celebrating a simcha or want to remember a loved one, sponsor a kiddush is one of the best ways to mark the occasion. Please contact Yvonne at 908-227-5194. To sponsor a seuda or a Sunday morning breakfast, call the shul at 732-247-3839.
Our Condolences to Ben Hakakian and Family on the Loss of His Father OBM
Bikur Cholim of Congregation Etz Ahaim
Our Congregation has its own Bikur Cholim Committee. If you know of a congregant who is in the hospital or a nursing home and would like a visit, please let us know. If there is a Home-bound congregant who is in need of a visit or assistance, we can help. We may also be able to make contact with a Jewish Agency which may be able to provide additional services. Please call Rose Reiss at 732-828-7415.
Nursing Home Visitation: Seeking volunteers to visit Mollie Reuben, Esther Tucker, Red Mordoh, Shirley Cohen, and others at the Regency nursing home on DeMott Lane in Somerset. For more info or an updated list of residents requesting visitors, please call Rahel Baruh at 732-672-4673 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Transportation Committee: Drivers and coordinators needed. Coordinate rides to and from medical appointments - match requests with an available driver. Each coordinator serves for two weeks at a time. To volunteer to coordinate or to drive, please call Bikur Cholim hotline at 732-572-7181 or fill out the volunteer form on the website bikurcholimrv.com
The congregation extends get-well wishes to:
- Al Benzilio
- Soroh Rosen
- Viktorya Koen
- Avishai ben Esther
- Galina bat Riva
- Joey Cenci (Yoseph Michael ben Yael Rut)
- Linda Balavram (Emuna bat Sarah)
- Esther Tucker
- Red Mordoh
- Nancy Reich
- Yehudah Reich
- Benny Mayo
- Mary Belsky
- Esther Arouh
- Lilas Saltiel
- Donna Bardy
- Mary Naar
- Lita Greenberg
- Bradley Greenberg
- Marcelo Schor
- Sarah bat Naava
- Perla bat Leah
SemPlus evening shiur for post seminary girls: Please call the hotline to confirm at 732-966-6503.
Rebbitzen Eichenstein’s classes for women: Tefillah class on Sunday, Jan. 22 at 11:00 AM at the Aguda shule; Parsha class on Monday, Jan. 23 at 8:00 PM at Cong. Ohr Torah. For more info, please contact Aviva at 732-572-4408 or email@example.com
Achieving Change Through Torah
The ACTT (Achieving Change Through Torah) program helps individuals succeed in making meaningful and lasting changes in their lives.
- Previous ACTT module: Kiddush Hashem 1
- Source book: Living Kiddush Hashem by Rabbi Shraga Freedman.
- "A Powerful Segulah for Yom Hadin", speaker Rabbi Dovid Goldwasser, can be downloaded or listened to from the Audio page of the ACTT website. For more information go to the ACTT website, email ACTT or call Phil Rosen at 732-572-8762.
Women's Learning Initiative
Mrs. Miri Cohen will not have Parsha class this Tuesday, Jan. 24. For more info, please call 732-966-6503.
Mrs. Leah Drillman’s Shimiras Haloshon class will meet on Monday, Jan 23 at 7:30 PM at the home of Janet Rivenson, 19 Price Drive, Edison. For more info, please call Ellen at 201-410-1893 or 732-777-6787.
Tiferes DVD for women: What is Ahavah? Cultivating this middah in ourselves and our children. Speakers: Rabbi Leib Kelemen and Rabbi Fishel Schachter. Motzai Shabbos, Jan. 21 at 8:30 PM, at the Siegel house.
Weekly teleconferences with topics such as shalom bayit and parenting are available to Tiferes members.
- Current teleconference: Connecting through Challenge
with Mrs. Chany Feldbrand. For more info, please contact Aviva firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Highland Park / Edison group of Tiferes is zecher l'nishmas Malka bas Shalom.
Highland Park Mikvah
The Highland Park mikvah is ready to be transformed into a most beautiful, inviting facility, one which the entire community can be proud of!
It is now closed. Anticipated reopening before Pesach 2017.
The Young Israel of East Brunswick will be extending their hours throughout the duration of Park Mikvah renovations: Saturday – Thursday: 8:00 – 11:00 PM. Please check their website for more info regarding fees, and for changes in schedule due to inclement weather. YIEB: 193 Dunhams Corner Road, East Brunswick, 732-257-4121 or
The YIEB mikvah strongly encourages women to prepare at home, due to the expected high volume of patrons.
- Pending volunteer availability, Park Mikvah will endeavor to provide transportation to or from the YIEB mikvah, as a free service. Please email Aviva at to volunteer as a driver, or 2 days prior to your visit, to request a ride to the mikvah.
- Fundraising campaign to finance the renovations has begun! Dedication opportunities are now available! To make a donation, checks can be mailed to Park Mikvah, 36 Skyview Terrace, Highland Park, NJ 08904 or payment by credit card or PayPal For more info, email email@example.com or www.parkmikvah.org.
- Park Mikvah: Cooking demonstration with Miriam Pascal, founder of OvertimeCook.com, author of Something Sweet and Ami Whisk Magazine columnist on February 18th, 2017 at 8:15PM to benefit Park Mikvah. A milchig buffet will be served. The event will be held iyh at the home of Esther Posen, 12 Fairhill Road, Edison. The cost of the event is $36. Space is limited. For women only. To make a reservation, please email [Esther Posen]. For more info, please call Lynn Hanfling at: 732-777-0225. Looking forward to seeing you!
- Change in date! Back by popular demand! Park Mikvah and Irgun Shiurai Torah present a Shovavim Project Lecture for women by Mrs. Debbie Greenblatt on the topic of A Journey Towards Intimacy, The Mystery and Practicality of Taharas Mishpacha to take place Sunday, February 12, 2017 at Congregation Ohr Torah (social Hall) at 8:30 pm. For married women only. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Mrs. Debbie Greenblatt has been involved in teaching and counseling Jewish women for over twenty-five years. Mrs. Greenblatt speaks on topics related to Jewish thought, personal relationships and textual based education. She is a founder of the Women’s Division of Gateways and gives classes in the New York metropolitan area as well as across the country.