David Bassous - Rabbi
Ray Morris - President
Visit our Website at http://etzahaim.org for the latest news
- Shachrit: 6:30am
- Shir Hashirim: 4:05pm
- Mincha and Arvit: 4:28pm
- Candle Lighting: 4:28pm
Full Range of Children's Groups: 9:45am - 11:30am
- Boys 6 and up in the Library
- Girls 6 and up upstairs left classroom.
- Children 3 - 5 upstairs right classroom
- Class with Rabbi Ben Hakakian: Weekly Parsha and Halacha: 8:00am
- Shachrit: 8:45am with guest Chazan Weitzman Yaakov
- Latest Shema: 8:58am
- Kiddush sponsored by the David and Rachel Weintraub
- In honor of the Rabbi and his family
- The Appontment of King Solomon and the Building of the First temple -- Rabbi Bassous: 3:15pm
- Mincha: 4:15pm
- Seuda Shelishit after Mincha
- Sponsored by Sandy Bodzin, Shoshana Gross & Family imo his mother.
- Arvit and Shabbat Ends: 5:28pm
- Halacha/Parasha Class with Rabbi Ben Hakakian: 8:00am
- Shacharit: 8:30am
- Women's class: 10:00am: Happiness
- Shulchan Aruch Class: 4:00pm
- Mincha and Arvit: 4:30pm
Monday - Thursday
- Shacharit: 6:30am
- Shulchan Aruch Class: 7:00pm
- Arvit (Tuesday-Thursday): 7:30pm
Next Week - Friday
- Shacharit: 6:30am
- Shir Hashirim: 4:15pm
- Mincha: 4:28pm
- Candle lighting 4:35pm
- Parsha and Halacha: Shabbat and Sunday: 8:00am
- Nach: Shabbat: 3:15pm
- Woman's Class: Happiness: Sunday: 10:00am
- Mishna-a-Day: Monday to Friday: 7:20am
- Halacha-a-Day: Monday - Thursday: 7:00pm
- Bitachon: Mondays: 8:00pm
- Talmud Berachot: Tuesdays: 8:00pm - Starting Chapter Two
Bikur Cholim of Raritan Valley is thrilled to announce the new hospitality room at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital! It is located on the main floor. Go through the main entrance and bear left towards the gift shop. Turn right through the double doors. Follow hall and turn right. The room is located opposite the surgical intensive care unit. You will find it fully stocked with food and any items that you might need. There is a microwave, urn, sink, table & chairs, For inquiries, please call the helpline at 732-572-7181
If you have an outstanding balance with Etz Ahaim, please send in your payment to help the Synagogue. Your help is appreciated.
If you are the last person to leave the building (except for Shabbat and Chaggim) make sure all the lights are out
If you are celebrating a simcha or want to remember a loved one, sponsor a kiddush is one of the best ways to mark the occasion. Please contact Yvonne at 908-227-5194. To sponsor a seuda or a Sunday morning breakfast, call the shul at 732-247-3839.
Bikur Cholim of Congregation Etz Ahaim
Our Congregation has its own Bikur Cholim Committee. If you know of a congregant who is in the hospital or a nursing home and would like a visit, please let us know. If there is a Home-bound congregant who is in need of a visit or assistance, we can help. We may also be able to make contact with a Jewish Agency which may be able to provide additional services. Please call Rose Reiss at 732-828-7415.
Nursing Home Visitation: Seeking volunteers to visit Mollie Reuben, Esther Tucker, Red Mordoh, and Shirley Cohen and others at the Regency nursing home on DeMott Lane in Somerset. For more info or an updated list of residents requesting visitors, please call Rahel Baruh at 732-672-4673 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Transportation Committee: Drivers and coordinators needed. Coordinate rides to and from medical appointments - match requests with an available driver. Each coordinator serves for two weeks at a time. To volunteer to coordinate or to drive, please call Bikur Cholim hotline at 732-572-7181 or fill out the volunteer form on the website bikurcholimrv.com
The congregation extends get-well wishes to:
- Al Benzilio
- Soroh Rosen
- Viktorya Koen
- Avishai ben Esther
- Galina bat Riva
- Joey Cenci (Yoseph Michael ben Yael Rut)
- Linda Balavram (Emuna bat Sarah)
- Esther Tucker
- Red Mordoh
- Nancy Reich
- Yehudah Reich
- Benny Mayo
- Mary Belsky
- Esther Arouh
- Lilas Saltiel
- Donna Bardy
- Mary Naar
- Lita Greenberg
- Bradley Greenberg
- Marcelo Schor
- Sarah bat Naava
- Perla bat Leah
Women's Learning Initiative
Women's Learning Initiative presents internationally
renowned guest lecturer, Mrs. Shira Smiles.
Title: Creating Kedusha with Words. Class will be held Tuesday, Jan 10 at 9:30 AM at the home of Tzippy Rieder, 6 Cliff Street, Edison. (off of Brookhill Avenue, past Stone Street). Sponsored by Mordechai and Yifat Schnur for the zechut of a refuah shelaimah for Avraham Shmuel ben Shaindel. For more info, please call 732-966-6503.
Women's Learning Initiative: Mrs. Miri Cohen's Parsha class: No class on January 3. For more info, please call 732-966-6503.
Women's Learning Initiative: Mrs. Leah Drillman's Shimiras Haloshon class will meet on January 9 at 7:30 PM at the home of Ellen Smith, 407 North 8th Ave., Edison. For more info, please call Ellen at 201-410-1893 or 732-777-6787.
Rebbitzen Eichenstein's classes for women:
- No class on Sunday, January 8.
For more info, please contact Aviva at 732-572-4408 or email@example.com
The Women's AMEN Group meets monthly on the Sundays following the Shabbos in which one bensches Rosh Chodesh, at 9:30 AM in a downstairs classroom at Congregation Ohr Torah. The group meets in the zechus of a refuah shelaimah for Menachem Mordechai ben Ophira and the other Cholim in the community.
SemPlus evening shiur for post seminary girls: Please call the hotline to confirm at 732-966-6503.
Highland Park Mikvah
The Highland Park mikvah is ready to be transformed into a most beautiful, inviting facility, one which the entire community can be proud of!
Last night the mikvah will be open is **Saturday, January 14. Anticipated reopening before Pesach 2017.
More information on other mikvahs in the area will be forthcoming.
- The Highland Park Mikvah now has Tzedakah boxes! Please contact Aviva at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain one.
- If you are purchasing from Amazon, please consider signing up with http://www.amazonsmiles.com. A donation will be made to Park Mikvah.
- Sunday through Thursday until March 8: 8:00pm - 10:30pm
- Motzai Shabbot January 7th: 7:30 - 10:00 PM.
- Friday nights by appointment only. Please arrive with enough time to be out before closing time.
- Please check the mikvah website and/or call our phone message, before coming, for any updates as to when the mikvah will be closing.
Bikur Cholim OWLS (Overnight Women Labor Support): A complimentary service for maternity situations whereby volunteers will come to stay with your kids during the night. For more info on receiving this service or becoming a volunteer, please contact Rikki at 732-249-5116. Thank you.
- Tiferes DVD for women: Motzi Shabbat, January 21 at 8:30pm
What is Ahavah? Cultivating this middah in ourselves and our children.
Speakers: Rabbi Leib Kelemen and Rabbi Fishel Schachter. At the Siegel house.
- Weekly teleconferences with topics such as shalom bayit and parenting are available to Tiferes members.
- Current teleconference: Connecting through Challenge
with Mrs. Chany Feldbrand. For more info, please contact Aviva email@example.com.
The Highland Park / Edison group of Tiferes is zecher l'nishmas Malka bas Shalom.