David Bassous - Rabbi
Ray Morris - President
Visit our Website at http://etzahaim.org for the latest news
- Shacharit: 6:30am
- Mincha: 7:00 pm
- Candle lighting: before 7:51pm
Saturday - Shabbat Bemidbar
Full Range of Children's Groups: 9:45am - 11:30am
- Boys 6 and up in the Library..
- Girls 6 and up upstairs left classroom.
- Boy’s tefila group meeting at 9:30am
- Children 3 - 5 upstairs right classroom.
- Shacharit: 8:45am
- Latest Shema: 8:32am
- Kiddush sponsored by Dr. Yechiel and Zita Weinstein and Family
in Honor of Their Anniversary
- Kiddush Sponsorships are available for Shabbatot in June.
- To sponsor a Kiddush, go to our Kiddush Sponsorship Page
- Mincha: 5:00pm
- Seuda Shelishit sponsored by Dr. Richard and Liba Shakarchi
in honor of Yehudit's Birthday
- The Laws of Shavuot -- Join us singing Pizmonim
- Zera Shimshon on Paraashat Hashuvua with Rabbi Krief: 7:30pm
- Arvit: 8:30pm
- Candle lighting and Shabbat Ends: 8:51pm
- Include havdalah in Shavuot Kiddush
Saturday Night -- May 19, 2018
- Shavuot Classes - Refreshments and borekas sponsored by
Ruth Bickhart. Everyone is welcome
- Tikkun Rabbi Bassous: 11:00pm - 12:00am
- Rabbi Elon Weintraub: 12:00am - 1:00am
- Rabbi Eliyahu Kaufman: 1:00am - 2:00am
- Rabbi Yehoshua Lewis: 2:00am - 3:00am
- Rabbi Yaakov Luban: 3:00am - 4:00am
- First Minyan: 4:00am
- Tallit: 4:16am
Sunday - May 20: First day of Shavuot
- Shacharit: 8:45am
- Class: The Significance of Shavuot Without the Temple by Rabbi Weintraub - 6:00pm
- Mincha and Arvit: 7:00pm
- Candle Lighting after 8:52pm
Monday - May 21: Second Day of Shavuot
- Shacharit: 8:45am
- Latest Shema: 8:31am
- Yizkar: 10:00am
- Kiddush Sponsored by Leo and Dina Horowitz and Family in Memory of his Father
- Mincha: 8:00pm
- Class with Rabbi Hakakian
- Arvit: 8:52pm
- Shavuot Ends: 8:52pm
Tuesday - Thursday
- Shacharit: 6:30am
- Mishna a Day: 7:30am
- Shulchan Aruch: 7:00pm
- Mincha and Arvit: 7:30pm
- Monday: Iggeret Haramban - New Class
- Tuesday: Talmud: 8:00pm
- Shacharit: 6:30am
- Mincha: 7:00pm
- Candle lighting: 7:58pm
News and Events From our Webpage
- May 19: All Night Shavuot Learning Everyone is welcome. Refreshments Served.
- May 23: Exodus from Cuba - A Historical and Personal Account Join our member, Israel Maya about what Jewish life was like in pre-revolutionary Cuba.
- New Seating Fundraiser It's time to replace our old worn out benches. We're trying to raise $40,000 and we're more than half way there!https://www.etzahaim.org/news/2018/5/22/crazy-daves-summer-clearance)**
- Crazy Dave's Summer Clearance We've got a whole coatroom of winter ware and we have to move it all out!
- If you have an outstanding balance with Etz Ahaim, please send in your payment to help the Synagogue. Your help is appreciated
- If you are the last person to leave the building (except on Shabbat and Chaggim) make sure all the lights are out
- If you are celebrating a simcha or want to remember a loved one, sponsoring a kiddush is one of the best ways to mark the occasion. To sponsor a Shabbat Kiddush, please go to our [Kiddush Sponsorship Page] on our website and fill out the on line form. We'll get in contact with you as soon as possible. To sponsor a seuda or a Sunday morning breakfast, call the shul at 732-247-3839.
Bikur Cholim of Congregation Etz Ahaim
Our Congregation has its own Bikur Cholim Committee. If you know of a congregant who is in the hospital or a nursing home and would like a visit, please let us know. If there is a Home-bound congregant who is in need of a visit or assistance, we can help. We may also be able to make contact with a Jewish Agency which may be able to provide additional services. Please call Rose Reiss at 732-828-7415.
Nursing Home Visitation: Seeking volunteers to visit Mollie Reuben, Shirley Cohen, and others at the Regency nursing home on DeMott Lane in Somerset. For more info or an updated list of residents requesting visitors, please email Rahel Baruh or call her at 732-672-4673
Transportation Committee: Drivers and coordinators needed. Coordinate rides to and from medical appointments - match requests with an available driver. Each coordinator serves for two weeks at a time. To volunteer to coordinate or to drive, please call Bikur Cholim hotline at 732-572-7181 or fill out the volunteer form.
The congregation extends get-well wishes to:
- Avishai ben Esther
- Linda Balavram (Emuna bat Sarah)
- Galina bat Riva
- Bradley Greenberg (Yehuda Dovid ben Tzvia Sarah)
- Lita Greenberg (Tzvia Sarah bat Golda)
- Millie Hakim (Miriam bat Sarah)
- Yvonne Levy (Rivka Miriam bat Gittel)
- Benny Mayo (Bentzion ben Avraham)
- Mary Naar (Miriam bat Yitzchak)
- Clara bat Rachel
- David ben Farha
- Perla bat Leah
- Yehuda Reich (Yehuda ben Hermina)
- Lilas Saltiel (Leah Saltiel)
- Marcelo Schor (Meir Chayim Refael ben Heidi Bubbi Chaya)
- Abraham ben Sarah
- Sheva bat Merel
New Head Covering Gemach: Tichels, scarves, hats, snoods, and sheities. Contact Mrs. Gina Gittel Tonkonog at 347-615-3295 to donate or borrow a head covering
Tehillim group: The women’s Tehillim group is meeting on a regular basis on Shabbos at 5:00 PM at Etz Ahaim, 230 Dennison St, Highland Park. For more info, please call Etz Ahaim is 732-247-3839.
Rabbi Yisroel Weiss shiur,Living with Tehillim, for men and women: Wednesday evenings at 8:30 PM at the Eiserman's home, 154 North 10th Ave, Highland Park. For more info, please call Marsha at 732-503-8675.
The Women's AMEN Group meets monthly on the Sundays following the Shabbos in which one bensches Rosh Chodesh, at 9:30 AM in a downstairs classroom at Congregation Ohr Torah. The group meets in the zechus of a refuah shelaimah for Menachem Mordechai ben Ophira and the other Cholim in the community.
Bikur Cholim OWLS (Overnight Women Labor Support): A complimentary service for maternity situations whereby volunteers will come to stay with your kids during the night. For more info on receiving this service or becoming a volunteer, please contact Rikki at 732-249-5116. Thank you.
Donations of diapers, pull-ups, and wipes are currently being accepted for the new HP/Edison Diaper Gemach. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The ACTT (Achieving Change Through Torah) program helps individuals succeed in making meaningful and lasting changes in their lives. Source book: Artscroll’s Living Simchah: Finding the Joy in Everything by Rabbi Hadar Margolin. Serve Hashem with Joy: Can We Work on being Happier?, speaker Rabbi Moshe Tzvi Weinberg, can be downloaded or listened to from the Audio page of the ACTT website. For more info, e-mail email@example.com or call Phil Rosen (732) 572-8762.
Bikur Cholim Drivers Needed: With the influx of patients who are here for treatment at ProCure in Somerset, Bikur Cholim is in need of more volunteer drivers. If you are able to give one day a week (Monday through Friday) or even one day a month to be accessible to help out with transportation for Bikur Cholim, please call the Bikur Cholim Transportation hotline (732)672-9059.
The Edison/Highland Park gown Gemach, L'iluy Nishmas R' Yitzchok Ben Binyomin, is open for business! The Gemach houses a wide selection of gowns for children, pre-teen, teens and adults. Please note the Gemach is still looking for donation of gowns in very good condition. Tax deduction is given and pick up of the gowns can also be arranged. For more information and/or to schedule an appointment please call Sara Scott at 516-526-0941.
Collecting Sheitels: Keren Kol Kallah - established to provide orphan and destitute kallahs in Israel with essential needs. Donated custom sheitels, some brand-new, some gently worn, are sold to women in Israel who would not otherwise have the funds to buy a quality wig. All the money raised at the sale goes towards a hachnasas kallah fund which helps needy brides in Eretz Yisrael. Sheitels can be dropped off by Aviva, 16 Edgemount Road, Edison. For more info, please see contact Aviva Siegel (732) 572-4408 firstname.lastname@example.org