- Shacharit: 6:30am
- Mincha: 6:15pm
- Candle lighting 6:15pm
Saturday - Parashat Bereshit
Full Range of Children's Groups: 9:45am - 11:30am
- Boys 6 and up in the Library.
- Girls 6 and up upstairs left classroom.
- Boy’s tefila group meeting at 9:30am
- Children 3 - 5 upstairs right classroom.
- Rabbi Hakakian's Parasha Class: 8:00am
- Shacharit: 8:45am
- Latest Shema: 9:17am
- Kiddush is sponsored by Leora Wenger and Aaron Epstein and family
in memory of Leora's parents, Yechiel and Elaine Wenger z"l
- To sponsor a kiddush, go to our Kiddush webpage.
- Zera Shimshon: 4:00pm
- Women's Tehillim Class: 4:20pm
- Understanding Bereshit with Rabbi Bassous: 5:00pm
- Mincha: 6:20pm
- Seuda is sponsored by Tomer Motola iho his parents and family
- Class Is Mayim Acharonim an Obligation?
- Arvit: 7:15pm
- Shabbat Ends: 7:15pm
- Shacharit 8:30am
- Women Pirke Avot Class 10:00am
- Sulchan Aruch 5:40pm
- Mincha and Arvit 6:10pm
Monday to Thursday
- Rosh Chodesh is Tuesday and Wednesday
- Shacharit: 6:30am
- Mishna a Day: 7:30am
- Shulchan Aruch 5.40 pm
- Mincha and Arvit: 6:10pm
- Monday: Iggeret Haramban: 7:00pm
- Tuesday: Talmud Class: 7:00pm
- Shacharit: 6:30am
- Mincha: 6:04pm
- Candle lighting: 6:04pm
News and Events From our Webpage
- Help Us Welcome New Members to Our Community - HP/Edison Connection welcomes new members to our community. Our laison is looking for people to host new community members for Shabbat dinner. Please sign up to help out.
- Powerful Reasons for Being Religious - As if you needed more reasons than seven major holidays in a three week period.
- October 15: Unfolding the Tuition Crisis - Sponsored by Teach NJS and Leslie and Joshua Ostrin.
- If you have an outstanding balance with Etz Ahaim, please send in your payment to help the Synagogue. Your help is appreciated.
- If you are the last person to leave the building (except on Shabbat and Chaggim) make sure all the lights are out.
- If you are celebrating a simcha or want to remember a loved one, sponsoring a kiddush is one of the best ways to mark the occasion. To sponsor a Shabbat Kiddush, please go to our [Kiddush Sponsorship Page] on our website and fill out the on line form. We'll get in contact with you as soon as possible. To sponsor a seuda or a Sunday morning breakfast, call the shul at 732-247-3839.
Bikur Cholim of Congregation Etz Ahaim
Our Congregation has its own Bikur Cholim Committee. If you know of a congregant who is in the hospital or a nursing home and would like a visit, please let us know. If there is a Home-bound congregant who is in need of a visit or assistance, we can help. We may also be able to make contact with a Jewish Agency which may be able to provide additional services. Please call Rose Reiss at 732-828-7415.
Nursing Home Visitation: Seeking volunteers to visit Shirley Cohen, and others at the Regency nursing home on DeMott Lane in Somerset. For more info or an updated list of residents requesting visitors, please email Rahel Baruh or call her at 732-672-4673
Transportation Committee: Drivers and coordinators needed. Coordinate rides to and from medical appointments - match requests with an available driver. Each coordinator serves for two weeks at a time. To volunteer to coordinate or to drive, please call Bikur Cholim hotline at 732-572-7181 or fill out the volunteer form.
The congregation extends get-well wishes to:
- Avishai ben Esther
- Linda Balavram (Emuna bat Sarah)
- Galina bat Riva
- Bradley Greenberg (Yehuda Dovid ben Tzvia Sarah)
- Lita Greenberg (Tzvia Sarah bat Golda)
- Millie Hakim (Miriam bat Sarah)
- Benny Mayo (Bentzion ben Avraham)
- Mary Naar (Miriam bat Yitzchak)
- Clara bat Rachel
- David ben Farha
- Penina Rachel bat Bracha
- Perla bat Leah
- Yehuda Reich (Yehuda ben Hermina)
- Lilas Saltiel (Leah Saltiel)
- Marcelo Schor (Meir Chayim Refael ben Heidi Bubbi Chaya)
- Avraham ben Sarah
- Sheva bat Merel
- Esther bat Liba
- Zimbul bat Vida