David Bassous - Rabbi
Ray Morris - President
Visit our Website at http://etzahaim.org for the latest news
- Shacharit: 6:30am
- Mincha: 6:04pm
- Candle lighting 6:04pm
Saturday - Parashat Noach
Full Range of Children's Groups: 9:45am - 11:30am
- Boys 6 and up in the Library.
- Girls 6 and up upstairs left classroom.
- Boy’s tefila group meeting at 9:30am
- Children 3 - 5 upstairs right classroom.
- Rabbi Hakakian's Parasha Class: 8:00am
- Shacharit: 8:45am
- Latest Shema: 9:17am
- Kiddush is sponsored by Daniel Rushefsky and Family
in honor of Chattan Torah and Chattan Bereshit
- To sponsor a kiddush, go to our Kiddush webpage.
- Zera Shimshon: 3:50pm
- Women's Tehillim Class: 3:50pm
- Understanding Bereshit with Rabbi Bassous: 4:50pm
- Mincha: 5:50pm
- Seuda is sponsored by Congregation Erz Ahaim
in memory of Esther Arouh
- Class Lending to your Friends Mitzvah with Complications
- Arvit: 7:04pm
- Shabbat Ends: 7:04pm
- Shacharit 8:30am
- Women Pirke Avot Class 10:00am
- Sulchan Aruch 5:30pm
- Mincha and Arvit 6:00pm
Monday to Thursday
- Shacharit: 6:30am
- Mishna a Day: 7:30am
- Shulchan Aruch 5.30 pm
- Mincha and Arvit: 6:00pm
- Monday: Iggeret Haramban: 7:00pm
- Tuesday: Talmud Class: 7:00pm
- Shacharit: 6:30am
- Mincha: 5:54pm
- Candle lighting: 5:54pm
News and Events From our Webpage
- Help Us Welcome New Members to Our Community - HP/Edison Connection welcomes new members to our community. Our laison is looking for people to host new community members for Shabbat dinner. Please sign up to help out.
- Powerful Reasons for Being Religious - As if you needed more reasons than seven major holidays in a three week period.
- October 14: Unveiling for Esther Tucker - Noon at the North Arlington Cemetery - Plot K171, 2 Porete Road, North Arlington NJ 07031
- October 15: Unfolding the Tuition Crisis - Sponsored by Teach NJS and Leslie and Joshua Ostrin.
- If you have an outstanding balance with Etz Ahaim, please send in your payment to help the Synagogue. Your help is appreciated.
- If you are the last person to leave the building (except on Shabbat and Chaggim) make sure all the lights are out.
- If you are celebrating a simcha or want to remember a loved one, sponsoring a kiddush is one of the best ways to mark the occasion. To sponsor a Shabbat Kiddush, please go to our [Kiddush Sponsorship Page] on our website and fill out the on line form. We'll get in contact with you as soon as possible. To sponsor a seuda or a Sunday morning breakfast, call the shul at 732-247-3839.
Bikur Cholim of Congregation Etz Ahaim
Our Congregation has its own Bikur Cholim Committee. If you know of a congregant who is in the hospital or a nursing home and would like a visit, please let us know. If there is a Home-bound congregant who is in need of a visit or assistance, we can help. We may also be able to make contact with a Jewish Agency which may be able to provide additional services. Please call Rose Reiss at 732-828-7415.
Nursing Home Visitation: Seeking volunteers to visit Shirley Cohen, and others at the Regency nursing home on DeMott Lane in Somerset. For more info or an updated list of residents requesting visitors, please email Rahel Baruh or call her at 732-672-4673
Transportation Committee: Drivers and coordinators needed. Coordinate rides to and from medical appointments - match requests with an available driver. Each coordinator serves for two weeks at a time. To volunteer to coordinate or to drive, please call Bikur Cholim hotline at 732-572-7181 or fill out the volunteer form.
The congregation extends get-well wishes to:
- Avishai ben Esther
- Linda Balavram (Emuna bat Sarah)
- Galina bat Riva
- Bradley Greenberg (Yehuda Dovid ben Tzvia Sarah)
- Lita Greenberg (Tzvia Sarah bat Golda)
- Millie Hakim (Miriam bat Sarah)
- Benny Mayo (Bentzion ben Avraham)
- Mary Naar (Miriam bat Yitzchak)
- Clara bat Rachel
- David ben Farha
- Penina Rachel bat Bracha
- Perla bat Leah
- Yehuda Reich (Yehuda ben Hermina)
- Lilas Saltiel (Leah Saltiel)
- Marcelo Schor (Meir Chayim Refael ben Heidi Bubbi Chaya)
- Avraham ben Sarah
- Sheva bat Merel
- Esther bat Liba
- Zimbul bat Vida
Rabbi Reisman will be giving a shiur for men and women at Rabbi Horowitz's shtielbe this Shabbat, October 13. Topic is: A Good Gift - Go and Make it Known Technology Series. Such items as elevators, sensors, microphones, etc on Shabbos; the response of early poskim to the discovery of electricity; minimizing chillul Shabbos with the use of technology. Shiur starts at 5:00PM. For more info, contact Marsha Eiserman at 347-203-7906.
Rebbitzen Eichenstein’s classes for women: Tefillah class on Sunday, October 14 at 11:00 AM at the Aguda shule; Parsha class on Monday, October 15 at 8:00 PM at Cong. Ohr Torah. For more info, please contact Aviva.
Women's Learning Initiative Parsha class by Mrs. Miri Cohen: Class on Tuesday, October 16 at 9:30am at the home of Leah Epshtein, 253 Lawrence Avenue, Highland Park. For more info, please call/text Leah at 917-763-1848.
Tiferes: DVD for women Motzai Shabbat, October 20 at 8:30pm at the Siegel house. Speakers: Rabbi Heshy Klienman and Mrs. Chaya Breindy Kenigsberg. Title: Seeing Spirituality - In Our Lives, In Our Children.
Weekly teleconferences with topics such as shalom bayit and parenting are available to Tiferes members. Current teleconference: The Scenic Route with Mrs Esther Gendelman. For more info or to become a member, please contact Aviva
The Highland Park/Edison group of Tiferes is zecher l'nishmas Malka bas Shalom.
The Women's AMEN Group meets monthly on the Sundays following the Shabbot in which one bentches Rosh Chodesh, at 9:30am in a downstairs classroom at Congregation Ohr Torah. The group meets in the zechus of a refuah shelaimah for Menachem Mordechai ben Ophira and the other Cholim in the community.
Bikur Cholim OWLS (Overnight Women Labor Support): A complimentary service for maternity situations whereby volunteers will come to stay with your kids during the night. For more info on receiving this service or becoming a volunteer, please contact Rikki at 732-249-5116.
Donations of diapers, pull-ups, and wipes are currently being accepted for the new HP/Edison Diaper Gemach. Please contact us for more information.
Appeal from an Community Member Family: Update - Thank you to all who have contributed to raise funds for a community member to attend a rehab program.
This person has completed the first and most expensive part of the program, and is, thank G-d, doing well. Even with the generous donations shared by community members, the family was forced to borrow thousands of dollars each month to pay $6,000 monthly for the program. They are struggling with significant accumulated debt, and our help is still needed.
Please help this local family recover from extreme financial burden. They have generously supported our community in the past and never though they would need to ask for themselves. Please visit their chesed fund webpage to donate by credit card.
If you wish to make out a check instead of contributing online, please make it out to Congregation Ohav Emeth and in the memo write Rabbi’s Charity Fund. On a separate note (NOT IN MEMO), write that it is for the rehab campaign.
Park Mikvah Hours:
- Sunday - Thursday: 9:00pm - 11:00pm
- Sunday After November 4: 8:00pm - 10:30pm
- Friday Night by Appointment