David Bassous - Rabbi
Ray Morris - President
Visit our Website at http://etzahaim.org for the latest news
- Shachrit: 6:30am
- Shir Hashirim: 5:00pm
- Mincha and Arvit: 5:17pm
- Candle Lighting: 5:17pm
Shabbat Day Parashat Yitro
Full Range of Children's Groups: 9:45am - 11:30am
- Boys 6 and up in the Library
- Girls 6 and up upstairs left classroom.
- Children 3 - 5 upstairs right classroom
- 8.00 am Parasha Class with Rabbi Ben Hakakian
- Shachrit: 8:45am
- Latest Shema: 8:48am
Kiddush: Sponsored by Chaim and Leorah Agami & Family in memory of his mother Chava bat Frieda
King Shlomo's Wealth -- Rabbi Bassous: 4:05pm
- Mincha: 5:05pm
- Seuda Shelishit after Mincha
- Sponsored by Drs. Ben & Diane Hakakian & Family imo his father Shiur with Dr. Elisha Russ Fishbane
- Arvit and Shabbat Ends: 6:17pm
Help Celebrate the 50th Anniversary of United Jerusalem
The Afikim Foundation in cooperation with the Israel Ministry of Diaspora Affairs has commissioned the writing of this unique and historic Torah and invites Jews across the globe to acquire its 304,805 letters, share via social media, and reveal hundreds of thousands of ways that goodness can elevate lives and give honor to Jerusalem.
Congregation Etz Ahaim has reserved a block of 200 letters for members of the congregation. Select your letter, and make a pledge to do an act of kindness/chesed for this letter. Fulfill your act, and mark your act as complete. That's it.
Just participate, and You can win a trip to Israel in order to attend the special ceremony on Yom Yerushalayim, May 24, 2017.
For more information, visit our webpage.
- 8.00 am Class with Rabbi Ben Hakakian
- Shacharit: 8:30am
- Women's class: 10:00am: Happiness
- Shulchan Aruch Class: 4:50pm
- Mincha and Arvit: 5:20pm
Monday - Thursday
- Shacharit: 8:00am
- Shulchan Aruch Class: 4:50pm
- Mincha and Arvit: 5:20pm
- Trust in God 6.00 pm
- Arvit: 7:30pm
Next Week - Friday
- Shacharit: 6:30am
- Shir Hashirim: 5:00pm
- Mincha: 5:25pm
- Candle lighting 5:25pm
- Parsha and Halacha: Shabbat and Sunday: 8:00am
- Nach: Shabbat: 4:05pm
- Woman's Class: Happiness: Sunday: 10:00am
- Mishna-a-Day: Monday to Friday: 7:20am
- Halacha-a-Day: Monday - Thursday: 7:00pm
- Bitachon: Mondays: This week only 6:00pm
- Talmud Berachot: Tuesdays: 8:00pm - Chapter Two
- New Class Jewish Meditation starting on Feb 27
New Class - Jewish Meditation
Rabbi Bassous is starting a new class on February 27, 2017 called Jewish Meditation. The class will cover the history of meditation, prophecy, and Ruach Hakodesh. It will explain the why and how to meditate in a Jewish fashion and demonstrate a simple, but powerful meditation technique of the Ben Ish Chai.
Mondays at 8:00 pm at Congregation Etz Ahaim. Everyone is welcome and admission is free.
If you have an outstanding balance with Etz Ahaim, please send in your payment to help the Synagogue. Your help is appreciated.
If you are the last person to leave the building (except for Shabbat and Chaggim) make sure all the lights are out
If you are celebrating a simcha or want to remember a loved one, sponsor a kiddush is one of the best ways to mark the occasion. Please contact Yvonne at 908-227-5194. To sponsor a seuda or a Sunday morning breakfast, call the shul at 732-247-3839.
Bikur Cholim of Congregation Etz Ahaim
Our Congregation has its own Bikur Cholim Committee. If you know of a congregant who is in the hospital or a nursing home and would like a visit, please let us know. If there is a Home-bound congregant who is in need of a visit or assistance, we can help. We may also be able to make contact with a Jewish Agency which may be able to provide additional services. Please call Rose Reiss at 732-828-7415.
Nursing Home Visitation: Seeking volunteers to visit Mollie Reuben, Esther Tucker, Shirley Cohen, and others at the Regency nursing home on DeMott Lane in Somerset. For more info or an updated list of residents requesting visitors, please call Rahel Baruh at 732-672-4673 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Transportation Committee: Drivers and coordinators needed. Coordinate rides to and from medical appointments - match requests with an available driver. Each coordinator serves for two weeks at a time. To volunteer to coordinate or to drive, please call Bikur Cholim hotline at 732-572-7181 or fill out the volunteer form on the website bikurcholimrv.com
The congregation extends get-well wishes to:
- Al Benzilio
- Soroh Rosen
- Viktorya Koen
- Avishai ben Esther
- Galina bat Riva
- Joey Cenci (Yoseph Michael ben Yael Rut)
- Linda Balavram (Emuna bat Sarah)
- Esther Tucker
- Nancy Reich
- Yehudah Reich
- Benny Mayo
- Mary Belsky
- Esther Arouh
- Lilas Saltiel
- Donna Bardy
- Mary Naar
- Lita Greenberg
- Bradley Greenberg
- Marcelo Schor
- Sarah bat Naava
- Perla bat Leah
All teens are invited to an NCSY Shabbat Oneg at the Maza residence, 43 Cliff Court, Shabbat Parashat Yitro, February 17, 8:30-10:00pm. Refreshments, friends, words of Torah and fun!
Yeshivat Netivot Montessori presents 8th Day live in concert on Sunday, February 19, at 2:30 pm, at the Jo Ann Magistro Performing Arts Center, 200 Rues Lane, East Brunswick. I am very excited to inform you that we have a SPECIAL ONLINE SALE, this week only, $2 off all Orchestra seats when booking online at netivot.booktix.com. For groups of 10 or more, please contact us at email@example.com or 732-985-4626 ext. 4 to receive a 10% discount + waived booking fees. I look forward to seeing you there!
The ACTT (Achieving Change Through Torah) program helps individuals succeed in making meaningful and lasting changes in their lives. Previous ACTT module: “Kiddush Hashem 1”; Source book: “Living Kiddush Hashem” by Rabbi Shraga Freedman. "A Powerful Segulah for Yom Hadin", speaker Rabbi Dovid Goldwasser, can be downloaded or listened to from the Audio page of the ACTT web site at: www.actt613.org/3.html. For more info, see the ACTT web-site, www.actt613.org, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call Phil Rosen (732) 572-8762.
SemPlus evening shiur for post seminary girls: Please call the hotline to confirm at 732-966-6503.
Achieving Change Through Torah
The ACTT (Achieving Change Through Torah) program helps individuals succeed in making meaningful and lasting changes in their lives.
- Previous ACTT module: Kiddush Hashem 1
- Source book: Living Kiddush Hashem by Rabbi Shraga Freedman.
- "A Powerful Segulah for Yom Hadin", speaker Rabbi Dovid Goldwasser, can be downloaded or listened to from the Audio page of the ACTT website. For more information go to the ACTT website, email ACTT or call Phil Rosen at 732-572-8762.
- Weekly teleconferences with topics such as shalom bayit and parenting are available to Tiferes members.
- Current teleconference: Connecting through Challenge
with Mrs. Chany Feldbrand. For more info, please contact Aviva email@example.com.
The Highland Park / Edison group of Tiferes is zecher l'nishmas Malka bas Shalom.
Highland Park Mikvah
The Highland Park mikvah is ready to be transformed into a most beautiful, inviting facility, one which the entire community can be proud of!
It is now closed. Anticipated reopening before Pesach 2017.
The Young Israel of East Brunswick will be extending their hours throughout the duration of Park Mikvah renovations: Saturday – Thursday: 8:00 – 11:00 PM. Please check their website for more info regarding fees, and for changes in schedule due to inclement weather. YIEB: 193 Dunhams Corner Road, East Brunswick, 732-257-4121 or
The YIEB mikvah strongly encourages women to prepare at home, due to the expected high volume of patrons.
- Pending volunteer availability, Park Mikvah will endeavor to provide transportation to or from the YIEB mikvah, as a free service. Please email Aviva at to volunteer as a driver, or 2 days prior to your visit, to request a ride to the mikvah.
- Fundraising campaign to finance the renovations has begun! Dedication opportunities are now available! To make a donation, checks can be mailed to Park Mikvah, 36 Skyview Terrace, Highland Park, NJ 08904 or payment by credit card or PayPal For more info, email firstname.lastname@example.org or www.parkmikvah.org.
- Park Mikvah: Cooking demonstration with Miriam Pascal, founder of OvertimeCook.com, author of Something Sweet and Ami Whisk Magazine columnist on February 18th, 2017 at 8:15PM to benefit Park Mikvah. A milchig buffet will be served. The event will be held iyh at the home of Esther Posen, 12 Fairhill Road, Edison. The cost of the event is $36. Space is limited. For women only. To make a reservation, please email [Esther Posen]. For more info, please call Lynn Hanfling at: 732-777-0225. Looking forward to seeing you!
Bikur Cholim OWLS (Overnight Women Labor Support): A complimentary service for maternity situations whereby volunteers will come to stay with your kids during the night. For more info on receiving this service or becoming a volunteer, please contact Rikki at 732-249-5116. Thank you.
Donations of diapers, pull-ups, and wipes are currently being accepted for the new HP/Edison Diaper Gemach. Please email email@example.com for more information.