David Bassous - Rabbi
Ray Morris - President
- Shachrit: 6:30am
- Shir Hashirim: 4:00pm
- Mincha and Arvit: 4:19am
- Candle Lighting: 4:19pm
Full Range of Children's Groups: 9:45am - 11:30am
- Boys 6 and up in the Library
- Girls 6 and up upstairs left classroom.
- Children 3 - 5 upstairs right classroom
- Class with Rabbi Ben Hakakain: Weekly Parsha and Halacha: 8:00am
- Shachrit: 8:45am
- Latest Shema: 8:32am
- Kiddush: After Shachrit Services
- Sponsored by Rabbi & Mrs. Shmuel Shimoni & Family
- King David & Avshalom -- Rabbi Bassous: 3:00pm
- Mincha: 4:00pm
- Seuda Shelishit after Mincha
- Sponsored by the new kosher restaurant: Panda's Barn
- Class with Dr. Elisha Russ-Fishbane a series on hadlakat ner shabbat
- Arvit and Shabbat Ends: 5:18pm
- Halacha/Parasha Class with Rabbi Ben Hakakian: 8:00am
- Shacharit: 8:30am
- Women's class: 10:00am
- Shulchan Aruch Class: 3:45pm
- Mincha and Arvit: 4:15pm
- Shacharit: Monday - Wednesday 6:30am
- Shulchan Aruch Class 7:00pm
- Arvit (Mon-Wednesday): 7:30pm
- Thursday & Friday mornings 8.00 am
- Thursday Mincha & Arvit 4.15 pm, Halachah 3.45 pm
Next Week - Friday
- Shacharit: 6:30am
- Shir Hashirim: 3:55pm
- Mincha: 4:15pm
- Candle lighting 4:15pm
- Parsha and Halacha: Shabbat and Sunday: 8:00am
- Nach: Shabbat: 3:00pm
- Woman's Class: "Happiness" Sunday: 10:00am
- Mishna-a-Day: Monday to Friday: 7:20am
- Halacha-a-Day: Tuesday-Thursday: 7:00pm
- Bitachon: Mondays: 8:00pm
- Talmud Berachot: Tuesdays: 8:00pm
Simcha Kiddush on December 24
We like to thank the following people for sponsoring:
- Diamond Sponsors
- David and Rachel Weintraub - For our good fortunes
- Gold Sponsors
- David and Heidi Stokar - Our amazing, wonderful children
- Silver Sponsors
- Eli and Chana Bishburg - Good Health of the congregation
- Ray and Gloria Morris - Rachel Teicher and Uri Yarmush
- Albert Levy Mitzner and Dr. Leora Mitzner - HaKarat HaTov
- Deluxe Sponsors
- Tzippy and Elisha Russ-Fishbane - The Rabbi and the Community
- Aaron Epstein and Leora Wenger - Good Health of the Congregation
- Dovi and Adi Yarmush - In honor of our, children Idan and Omri and the engagement of Uri and Rachel.
- General Sponsors
- Dina and Leo Horowitz - Everyone
- Alex & Liz Kemeny - Our wedding anniversary
Bikur Cholim of Raritan Valley is thrilled to announce the new hospitality room at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital! It is located on the main floor. Go through the main entrance and bear left towards the gift shop. Turn right through the double doors. Follow hall and turn right. The room is located opposite the surgical intensive care unit. You will find it fully stocked with food and any items that you might need. There is a microwave, urn, sink, table & chairs, For inquiries, please call the helpline at 732-572-7181
If you have an outstanding balance with Etz Ahaim, please send in your payment to help the Synagogue. Your help is appreciated.
If you are the last person to leave the building (except for Shabbat and Chaggim) make sure all the lights are out
If you are celebrating a simcha or want to remember a loved one, sponsor a kiddush is one of the best ways to mark the occation. Please contact Yvonne at 908-227-5194. To sponsor a seuda, call the shul at 732-247-3839.
Bikur Cholim of Congregation Etz Ahaim
Our Congregation has its own Bikur Cholim Committee. If you know of a congregant who is in the hospital or a nursing home and would like a visit, please let us know. If there is a Home-bound congregant who is in need of a visit or assistance, we can help. We may also be able to make contact with a Jewish Agency which may be able to provide additional services. Please call Rose Reiss at 732-828-7415.
Nursing Home Visitation: Seeking volunteers to visit Mollie Reuben, Esther Tucker, Red Mordoh, and Shirley Cohen and others at the Regency nursing home on DeMott Lane in Somerset. For more info or an updated list of residents requesting visitors, please call Rahel Baruh at 732-672-4673 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Transportation Committee: Drivers and coordinators needed. Coordinate rides to and from medical appointments - match requests with an available driver. Each coordinator serves for two weeks at a time. To volunteer to coordinate or to drive, please call Bikur Cholim hotline at 732-572-7181 or fill out the volunteer form on the website bikurcholimrv.com
The congregation extends get-well wishes to:
- Al Benzilio
- Soroh Rosen
- Viktorya Koen
- Avishai ben Esther
- Galina bat Riva
- Joey Cenci (Yoseph Michael ben Yael Rut)
- Linda Balavram (Emuna bat Sarah)
- Esther Tucker
- Red Mordoh
- Nancy Reich
- Yehudah Reich
- Benny Mayo
- Mary Belsky
- Esther Arouh
- Lilas Saltiel
- Donna Bardy
- Mary Naar
- Lita and Bradley Greenberg
- Marcelo Schor
- Sarah bat Naava
- Perla bat Leah
Rebbitzen Eichenstein’s Classes for Women
- Tefillah class on Sunday, Nov. 20 at 10:00 AM at the Aguda shule
- Parsha class on Monday, Nov. 21th at 8:00 PM at Cong. Ohr Torah.
For more info, please contact Aviva at 732-572-4408 or email@example.com*
Women's Learning Initiative
- Parsha: Mrs. Miri Cohen: Tuesday, November 15, 22, 29, and December 6 at 9:30 AM at the home of Tzippy Rieder, 6 Cliff Street, Edison. (off of Brookhill Avenue, past Stone Street). For more info, please call 732-966-6503.
Shimiras Haloshan: Mrs. Leah Drillman
- Monday, Nov. 21 at 7:30 PM at the home of Ellen Smith, 407 North 8th Ave., Edison
- Monday, Nov. 28 at 7:30 PM at the home of Janet Rivenson, 19 Price Drive, Edison. For more information, please call Ellen at 201-410-1893 or 732-777-6787.
The Women's AMEN Group meets monthly on the Sundays following the Shabbos in which one bensches Rosh Chodesh, at 9:30 AM in a downstairs classroom at Congregation Ohr Torah. The group meets in the zechus of a refuah shelaimah for Menachem Mordechai ben Ophira and the other Cholim in the community.
- SemPlus Evening Shiur for post seminary girls: Please call the hotline to confirm at 732-966-6503.
- Tiferes DVD for Women: Motzai Shabbos, Dec. 17 at 8:30 PM,
at the Siegel house. Weekly teleconferences with topics such as
Shalom Bayis and Parenting are available to Tiferes members.
For more info, please contact Aviva firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Highland Park / Edison group of Tiferes is Zecher l'nishmas Malka bas Shalom.
Highland Park Mikvah
- The Highland Park Mikvah now has Tzedakah boxes! Please contact Aviva at email@example.com to obtain one.
- If you are purchasing from Amazon, please consider signing up with www.amazonsmiles.com – a donation will be made to Park Mikvah.
- Sunday through Thursday from November 6 to March 8: 8:00pm - 10:30pm
- Motzai Shabbos, November 12, 19, 26: 7:30 – 10:00 PM.
- Friday nights by appointment only. Please arrive with enough time to be out before closing time.
- We are excited to announce that Park Mikvah will be undergoing renovations! We are looking forward to our new State of the Art mikvah!
- Please check the mikvah website and/or call our phone message, before coming, for any updates as to when the mikvah will be closing. The Highland Park Mikvah recently sent out a mailing. If you have not received it, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more info, call 732-249-2411 or email email@example.com.