David Bassous - Rabbi
Ray Morris - President
Visit our Website at http://etzahaim.org for the latest news
- Shacharit: 6:30am
- Mincha: 7:00pm - Please make an effort to attend!
- Candle lighting: 8:11pm
Saturday - Parashat Nasso
Everyone should attend this Shabbat's special Birkat HaKohanim
- Rabbi Hakakian's Parasha Class: 8:00am
- Shacharit: 8:45am
- Latest Shema: 8:27am
- Kiddush Sponsored by Isaac Naggar and Tiferet Unterman and Family
- In Honor of and with Gratitude for the Community
- To sponsor a kiddush, go to our Kiddush webpage.
- Zera Shimshon: 5:00pm with Rabbi Hakakian
- Women's Tehillim Group: 5:00pm
- The Three Things that Make People Happy with Rabbi Bassous: 6:00pm
- Mincha: 7:30pm
- Seuda Shelishit
- Sponsored by Generous Donors in Memory of the Founders of Etz Ahaim
- Class: Understanding Birkat Kohanim
- Arvit: 9:11pm
- Shabbat Ends: 9:11pm
- Shacharit: 8:30am
- Women's Class: Think Like a Winner: 10:00am
- Shulchan Aruch: 7:00pm
- Mincha and Arvit: 7:30pm
- Nefesh HaChaim Class: 8:10pm
Monday - Thursday
- Shacharit: 6:30am
- Mishna a Day: 7:20am
- Shulchan Aruch 7:00pm
- Mincha and Arvit: 7:30pm
- Tuesdays: Talmud for Men: Berachot: 8:00pm
- Shacharit: 6:30am
- Mincha: 7:00pm
- Candle lighting: 8:02pm
News and Events From our Webpage
- Help Us Welcome New Members to Our Community - We are looking for people to host new community members.
- Receive Birchat HaKohanim Twice Each Shabbat -- Only at Congregation Etz Ahaim!
- Help Us Replace Our Women's Seating in Our Sanctuary
- June 18 - Daughters of Etz Ahaim Appreciation Dinner
Bikur Cholim of Congregation Etz Ahaim
- Contact Rose Reiss at (732) 828-7415 in order to volunteer.
- Seeking volunteers to visit: Shirley Cohena and others at the Regency Nursing home on DeMott Lane in Somerset. For more info, contact Rahel Baruh.
- Drivers and coordinators needed. Call (732) 572-7181 for more information.
The congregation extends refua shelema wishes to:
- Avishai ben Esther
- Avraham ben Sarah
- Linda Balavram (Emuna bat Sarah)
- Clara bat Rachel
- Cochavit bat Victoria
- David ben Farha
- Esther bat Liba
- Galina bat Riva
- Gittel bat Leah
- Bradley Greenberg (Yehuda Dovid ben Tzvia Sarah)
- Keren bat Orly
- Liba Shaindel bat Chava
- Lidia bat Paulina
- Lita Greenberg (Tzvia Sarah bat Golda)
- Millie Hakim (Miriam bat Sarah)
- Benny Mayo (Bentzion ben Avraham)
- Mary Naar (Miriam bat Yitzchak)
- Miriam Devorah bat Bracha
- Penina Rachel bat Bracha
- Perla bat Leah
- Rosa bat Rachel
- Shaul ben Regina
- Velvel ben Chana
- Yehuda Reich (Yehuda ben Hermina)
- Lilas Saltiel (Leah Saltiel)
- Sheva bat Merel
- Yaakov Chaim ben Sarah
- Zimbul bat Vida
Highland Park/Edison Connects invites you to join us for our (free!) weekly Wednesday Lunch and Learn program
This Wednesday, June 19th at 12:30pm at the home of Zev and Rachelle Stern, 27 Brookdale Court, Highland Park NJ. This week's video is on the topic of Expectations and is the fourth video in the Tammy Karmel Relationships series. Please note: This week will be the final Connects Women's Lunch and Learn before we break for the summer.
This week's program is being sponsored by Rachelle Stern in honor of her husband Zev and all that he does behind the scenes for our community and especially what he does on behalf of HP/Edison Connects. For more info on the Lunch and Learn program or any other Connects programming please visit our webpage or email Rachelle Stern.
Rabbi Weiss's Shiur on Tehillim for men and women: Wednesday evenings at 7:00PM at 154 N. 10th Avenue, Highland Park. For further information, please contact Marsha Eiserman at 347-203-7906.
Rebbitzen Eichenstein’s classes for women: Please call or text Aviva at 732-672-7104 or email her for status of classes on Sunday, June 16 and Monday, June 17.
Women's Learning Initiative:
- Offers customized Torah learning partners and chavrusas! For a personalized study program of your choice, email your contact information to email@example.com
- Parsha class by Mrs. Miri Cohen: Please call / text Leah at 917-763-1848 for status of class on Tuesday, June 18.
- Shimiras Haloshon class by Mrs. Leah Drillman will resume in the fall. For more info, please call Ellen at 201-410-1893 or 732-777-6787.
Lefkovits Family Park Mikvah
- Please support the mikvah while purchasing on Amazon. Use the Amazon Smiles link.
- June Hours:
- Sunday - Thursday: 9:00pm - 11:00pm
- Motzai Shabbos: June 15, 22, 29: 10:15pm - 11:30pm
All Friday night appointments should be made online. Alternatively they can be made by texting/calling (732) 221-8155. Note: From 4/28/19-5/10/19, text/call (732) 470-1041.
Tiferes: DVD for women Motzai Shabbos, June 15 at 10:00 PM at the Siegel house. Weekly teleconferences with topics such as shalom bayis and parenting are available to Tiferes members. Current teleconference: “A Roadmap for the Busy Mother: Discover your Parenting GPS” with Mrs. Atara Malach. For more info or to become a member, please contact Aviva at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Highland Park/Edison group of Tiferes is zecher l'nishmas Malka bas Shalom
The Women's AMEN Group meets monthly on the Sundays following the Shabbos in which one bensches Rosh Chodesh, at 9:30am in a downstairs classroom at Congregation Ohr Torah. The group meets in the zechus of a refuah shelaimah for Menachem Mordechai ben Ophira and the other Cholim in the community.
Bikur Cholim OWLS (Overnight Women Labor Support): A complimentary service for maternity situations whereby volunteers will come to stay with your kids during the night. For more info on receiving this service or becoming a volunteer, please contact Rikki at 732-249-5116.
Donations of diapers, pull-ups, and wipes are currently being accepted for the new HP/Edison Diaper Gemach. Please email email@example.com for more information.
Appeal from an OE Member Family: Update - Thank you to all who have contributed to raise funds for a community member to attend a rehab program. This person has completed the first and most expensive part of the program, and is, thank G-d, doing well. Even with the generous donations shared by community members, the family was forced to borrow thousands of dollars each month to pay $6,000.00 monthly for the program. They are struggling with significant accumulated debt, and our help is still needed. Please help this local family recover from extreme financial burden. They have generously supported our community in the past and never though they would need to ask for themselves.
Please visit The Chesed Fund or if you wish to make out a check instead of contributing online, please make it out to Congregation Ohav Emeth and in the memo write Rabbi’s Charity Fund. On a separate note (NOT IN MEMO), write that it is for the rehab campaign.
The Highland Park Eruv has a webpage which includes a map and the most recent status of the eruv. You can even use the webpage to find out if someone’s house is inside the eruv. You can get automated notifications of the eruv’s status each Friday via Twitter, text, Facebook, or email. Go to http://hperuv.org/status for more information.
Gemachs Abound in Highland Park: A Gemach is sometimes thought of a free loan organization, but these organizations can lend way more than just money. For example, if you have a large simcha at your house and need tables, center pieces, and tablecloths, a gemach can help you out. Etz Ahaim has a complete listing of all local area gemachs.
ACTT (Achieving Change Through Torah) program helps individuals succeed in making meaningful and lasting changes in their lives. Module: Ahavas Chessed – Loving Kindness 5; Source book: The Glittering World of Chessed by Rabbi Paysach Krohn. For more info, call Phil Rosen (732) 572-8762 or email ACTT
Collecting Sheitels: Keren Kol Kallah - established to provide orphan and destitute kallahs in Israel with essential needs. Donated custom sheitels, some brand-new, some gently worn, are sold to women in Israel who would not otherwise have the funds to buy a quality wig. All the money raised at the sale goes towards a hachnasas kallah fund which helps needy brides in Eretz Yisrael. Sheitels can be dropped off by Aviva, 16 Edgemount Road, Edison. For more info, please see contact Aviva Siegel (732) 572-4408 firstname.lastname@example.org