David Bassous - Rabbi
Ray Morris - President
Visit our Website at http://etzahaim.org for the latest news
- Shacharit: 6:30am
- Mincha: 7:00pm - Please make an effort to attend!
- Candle lighting: 7:46pm
Saturday - Parashat Devarim
We now have a complete Shabbat Children's Program with our new Youth Directors: Please feel free to bring your children
- Rabbi Hakakian's Parasha Class: 8:00am
- Shacharit: 8:45am
- Latest Shema: 8:51am
- Kiddush is sponsored anoynmously
- In memory of Aharon Hakohen & the Ari z'l
- To sponsor a kiddush, go to our Kiddush webpage.
- Tehillim Group for Men and Women with Rabbi Bassous: 4:30pm
- Pray for Peace on Earth and the Redemption.
- Please help us to complete the entire book of Tehillim
- Class: Why Where Both Temples Destroyed and Not Rebuilt with Rabbi Bassous: 5:30pm
- Mincha: 6:30pm
- Seuda Shelishit
- Sponsored by Ari Blinder in Memory of His Grandfather
- Class: The Laws of Tisha B'Av with Rabbi Bassous
- Fast Starts: 8:00pm
- Shabbat Ends: 8:46pm
- Special Tish B'Av Arvit with Kinnot: 9:10pm
- Shacharit: 8:30am No Tallit or Tefillin
- Followed by Kinnot
- Movies about the Destruction of the Temple: 6:00pm
- Mincha (with Tallit and Tefillin) followed by Arvit: 7:15pm
- Fast Ends: 8:17pm
- Followed by Birkat Halevana
Monday - Thursday
- Shacharit: 6:30am
- Mishna-a-Day: 7:20am
- Mincha and Arvit: 7:30pm - Please come to make the minyan
- Tuesday: Talmud for Men -- Berachot: 8:00pm
- Thursday: Kaballah for Married Men: 8:00pm
- Shacharit: 6:30am
- Mishna-a-Day: 7:20am
- Mincha: 7:00pm
- Candle lighting: 7:36pm
News and Events From our Webpage
- Help Us Welcome New Members to Our Community - We are looking for people to host new community members.
- Daf Yomi World Wide Siyum -- January 1, 2020. We will have more information as time comes by
- The Laws of the Three Weeks
- The Laws of the Nine Days
- Help Us Replace Our Women's Seating in Our Sanctuary
Bikur Cholim of Congregation Etz Ahaim
- Contact Rose Reiss at (732) 828-7415 in order to volunteer.
- Seeking volunteers to visit: Shirley Cohena and others at the Regency Nursing home on DeMott Lane in Somerset. For more info, contact Rahel Baruh.
- Drivers and coordinators needed. Call (732) 572-7181 for more information.
The congregation extends refua shelema wishes to:
- Avishai ben Esther
- Avraham ben Sarah
- Linda Balavram (Emuna bat Sarah)
- Clara bat Rachel
- Cochavit bat Victoria
- David ben Farha
- Esther bat Liba
- Galina bat Riva
- Gittel bat Leah
- Bradley Greenberg (Yehuda Dovid ben Tzvia Sarah)
- Lita Greenberg (Tzvia Sarah bat Golda)
- Keren bat Orly
- Liba Shaindel bat Chava
- Lidia bat Paulina
- Millie Hakim (Miriam bat Sarah)
- Miriam Devorah bat Bracha
- Mary Naar (Miriam bat Yitzchak)
- Penina Rachel bat Bracha
- Perla bat Leah
- Rosa bat Rachel
- Shaul ben Regina
- Velvel ben Chana
- Yehuda Reich (Yehuda ben Hermina)
- Lilas Saltiel (Leah Saltiel)
- Sheva bat Merel
- Yaakov Chaim ben Sarah
- Zimbul bat Vida
Highland Park/Edison Connects: Wondering what to do on a long summer Shabbos afternoon? Join us weekly for a chance to hang out and make new friends! Shabbos afternoons 3-5 PM at 1131 Raritan Avenue (YST Preschool playground). Come with or without kids, it’s guaranteed fun for everyone! For more info, please text or WhatsApp: Ariella Gluck 908-510-3654
Women's Learning Initiative:
- Offers customized Torah learning partners and chavrusas! For a personalized study program of your choice, email your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Lefkovits Family Park Mikvah
- Please support the mikvah while purchasing on Amazon. Use the Amazon Smiles link.
- July Hours:
- Sunday - Thursday: 9:00pm - 11:00pm
- Motzei Shabbat:
- Aug 10: Closed due to Tisha B'Av
- Aug 11: Motzei Tisha B'Av: 10:00pm - 11:30pm
- Aug 17: 9:45pm - 11:30pm
- Aug 24: 9:30pm - 11:30pm
All Friday night appointments should be made online. Alternatively they can be made by texting/calling (732) 221-8155. Note: From 4/28/19-5/10/19, text/call (732) 470-1041.
Tiferes: DVD for women Motzai Shabbos, August 31 at 10:00pm at the Siegel house. Weekly teleconferences with topics such as shalom bayis and parenting are available to Tiferes members. Current Teleconferences:
- The Fundamentals of Chinuch with Mrs. Rivka Levitansky
- Shalom Bayit from the Inside out with Chaya Juravel
- Summer Parenting with Mrs. Ruth Lynn
- A Road Map for the Busy Monther: Discover your Parenting GPS with Mrs. Atara Malach
For more info or to become a member, please contact Aviva at email@example.com
The Highland Park/Edison group of Tiferes is zecher l'nishmas Malka bas Shalom
The Women's AMEN Group meets monthly on the Sundays following the Shabbos in which one bensches Rosh Chodesh, at 9:30am in a downstairs classroom at Congregation Ohr Torah. The group meets in the zechus of a refuah shelaimah for Menachem Mordechai ben Ophira and the other Cholim in the community.
Bikur Cholim OWLS (Overnight Women Labor Support): A complimentary service for maternity situations whereby volunteers will come to stay with your kids during the night. For more info on receiving this service or becoming a volunteer, please contact Rikki at 732-249-5116.
Donations of diapers, pull-ups, and wipes are currently being accepted for the new HP/Edison Diaper Gemach. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Highland Park Eruv has a webpage which includes a map and the most recent status of the eruv. You can even use the webpage to find out if someone’s house is inside the eruv. You can get automated notifications of the eruv’s status each Friday via Twitter, text, Facebook, or email. Go to http://hperuv.org/status for more information.
Gemachs Abound in Highland Park: A Gemach is sometimes thought of a free loan organization, but these organizations can lend way more than just money. For example, if you have a large simcha at your house and need tables, center pieces, and tablecloths, a gemach can help you out. Etz Ahaim has a complete listing of all local area gemachs.
ACTT (Achieving Change Through Torah) program helps individuals succeed in making meaningful and lasting changes in their lives. Module: Ahavas Chessed – Loving Kindness 5; Source book: The Glittering World of Chessed by Rabbi Paysach Krohn. For more info, call Phil Rosen (732) 572-8762 or email ACTT
Collecting Sheitels: Keren Kol Kallah - established to provide orphan and destitute kallahs in Israel with essential needs. Donated custom sheitels, some brand-new, some gently worn, are sold to women in Israel who would not otherwise have the funds to buy a quality wig. All the money raised at the sale goes towards a hachnasas kallah fund which helps needy brides in Eretz Yisrael. Sheitels can be dropped off by Aviva, 16 Edgemount Road, Edison. For more info, please see contact Aviva Siegel (732) 572-4408 email@example.com