David Bassous - Rabbi
Ray Morris - President
- Shacharit 6:30am
- Shir Hashirim: 5:25pm
- Mincha: 5:39pm
- Candle lighting 5:39pm
Saturday - Parashat Vayakhel Pekudey - Shabbat Parah
There is a special Torah reading this week. Everyone should attend
Full Range of Children's Groups: 9:45am - 11:30am
- Boys 6 and up in the Library.
- Girls 6 and up upstairs left classroom.
- Boy’s tefila group meeting at 9:30am
- Children 3 - 5 upstairs right classroom.
- Parasha with Rabbi Ben Hakakian: 8:00am
- Shacharit: 8:45pm
- Latest Shema: 8:37am
- Kiddush sponsored by Rabbi Moshe Silver and Reza Grenn in memory
of Rabbi Silver's Father.
- Kiddush sponsorships are avilable March 24, April 14, and beyond
- To sponsor a Kiddush, go to our Kiddush Sponsorship Page
- Tehillim group for women: 3:30pm
- Class: 4:30pm - Prophet Micha - Prophecies of Mashiach
- Mincha: 5:30pm
- Seuda sponsored by: Dr. Richard and Liba Shakarchi and Family
in honor of Rivqah's birthday
- Class: Selling Chametz - How Does It Work
- Arvit and Shabbat Ends: 6:39pm
- Spring Ahead! Daylight Savings Start at 2:00am Set your clocks forward before you go to bed
- Shacharit: 8:30am
- Women's Class: The Thirteen Principles of Faith: 10:00am
- Shulchan Aruch: 6:10pm
- Mincha and Arvit: 6:40pm
- Followed by a Safrut Training Course
- Rav Kook's Orot Teshuvah class: 9.00pm
Monday - Thursday
- Shacharit: 6:30am
- Mishna a Day: 7:30am
- Shulchan Aruch: 7:00pm
- Mincha and Arvit: 6.40 pm
- Monday: Jewish Meditation: 8:00pm
- Tuesday: Talmud: 8:00pm
- Shacharit: 6:30am
- Mincha: 6:47pm
- Candle lighting 6:47pm
Fundraiser for New Seating in our Sancutary
Our goal is to raise approximately $50,000 for new seating in the sanctuary. The new seating will be ordered from Kibbutz Lavi in Israel and hopefully installed in our sanctuary before the High Holidays.
With your help and generosity we believe we can make it happen. In order to secure the required delivery date in the USA we would like to see the money raised before June 30, 2018. All donations of $2000 or more will be recognized with a plaque in the sanctuary.
Go to our Webpage and make your donation today!
- Jewish Sewing Circle for Quilters and Other Hand Crafters: Meet every Tuesday from 7:00pm to 9:00pm in the lower social hall of Congregation Etz Ahaim. Please bring your own project and associated supplies. All levels are welcome but please note this is not a class.
Upcoming Events on our Webpage
The following events are on our webpage under the events section. Keep up what's going on with Etz Ahaim and our community!
- March 11: Sofer is Coming to Check Tefillin and Mezuzot
- March 16: Edison/Highland Park Chai Lifeline Shabbaton Chai Lifeline is sponsoring a Shabbton for approximately 25 boys who are battling cancer. We are looking for high school boys and girls to volunteer for this event.
- April 25: Join the annual NORPAC Mission to Washington. Each year NORPAC selects different issues to present to Members of Congress related to legislation in the U.S. House and Senate.
- If you have an outstanding balance with Etz Ahaim, please send in your payment to help the Synagogue. Your help is appreciated
- If you are the last person to leave the building (except on Shabbat and Chaggim) make sure all the lights are out
- If you are celebrating a simcha or want to remember a loved one, sponsoring a kiddush is one of the best ways to mark the occasion. To sponsor a Shabbat Kiddush, please go to our [Kiddush Sponsorship Page] on our website and fill out the on line form. We'll get in contact with you as soon as possible. To sponsor a seuda or a Sunday morning breakfast, call the shul at 732-247-3839.
Bikur Cholim of Congregation Etz Ahaim
Our Congregation has its own Bikur Cholim Committee. If you know of a congregant who is in the hospital or a nursing home and would like a visit, please let us know. If there is a Home-bound congregant who is in need of a visit or assistance, we can help. We may also be able to make contact with a Jewish Agency which may be able to provide additional services. Please call Rose Reiss at 732-828-7415.
Nursing Home Visitation: Seeking volunteers to visit Mollie Reuben, Shirley Cohen, and others at the Regency nursing home on DeMott Lane in Somerset. For more info or an updated list of residents requesting visitors, please email Rahel Baruh or call her at 732-672-4673
Transportation Committee: Drivers and coordinators needed. Coordinate rides to and from medical appointments - match requests with an available driver. Each coordinator serves for two weeks at a time. To volunteer to coordinate or to drive, please call Bikur Cholim hotline at 732-572-7181 or fill out the volunteer form.
The congregation extends get-well wishes to:
- Avishai ben Esther
- Linda Balavram (Emuna bat Sarah)
- Donna Bardy
- Mary Belsky
- Galina bat Riva
- Bradley Greenberg
- Lita Greenberg
- Yvonne Levy (Rivka Miriam bat Gittel)
- Benny Mayo
- Mary Naar
- Clara bat Rachel
- David ben Farha
- Perla bat Leah
- Yehudah Reich
- Lilas Saltiel
- Marcelo Schor
- Abraham ben Sarah
- Sheva bat Merel
- Sunday - Thursday: 8:00pm to 10:30pm
- Friday Night - By Appointment Only 732-249-2411
- March 3 and March 10: 8:00pm to 10:30pm
- March 17 and March 24: 9:15pm to 11:15pm
- March 31 (Pesach) By Appointment Only
To make an appointment, visit The Park Mikvah Website or call 732-249-2411.
Shovavim presents the 26th Annual Community Wide Taharas Mishpacha Review.
For women: Rebbetzin Aviva Wasser will be speaking on halachos and hashkafos of Taharas Mishpacha – postponed due to weather and will be rescheduled after Pesach. Please submit questions to be answered by Rebbetzin Wasser.
Rebbitzen Eichenstein’s classes for women: Tefillah class on Sunday, March 11 at 11:00 AM at the Aguda shul.
Parsha class on Monday, March 12 at 8:00 PM at Congregation Ohr Torah.
These will be the last classes until after Pesach. For more info, please call/text Aviva at 732-672-7104
Women's Learning Initiative Shimiras Haloshon class by Mrs. Leah Drillman: Classes will resume after Pesach. For more info, please call Ellen at 201-410-1893 or 732-777-6787.
Women's Learning Initiative Parsha class by Mrs. Miri Cohen: Classes will resume after Pesach. For more info, please call / text Leah at 917-763-1848.
Tiferes: DVD for Women Motzai Shabbat, March 10 at 9:00pm at the Siegel house: Speaker – Rabbi Daniel Glatstein and Mrs. Miryam Swerdlov. Topic: Simcha: How to Find it?
Weekly teleconferences with topics such as Shalom Bayit and *Parenting are available to Tieret members. Current teleconference: Raising Happy Children – The Myths, The Reality. Speaker: Mrs. Debbie Selengut. For more info or to become a member, please contact Aviva.
The Highland Park / Edison group of Tiferes is zecher l'nishmas Malka bas Shalom.
The Women's AMEN Group meets monthly on the Sundays following the Shabbot in which one blesses Rosh Chodesh, at 9:30am in a downstairs classroom at Congregation Ohr Torah.
The group meets in the zechus of a refuah shelaimah for Menachem Mordechai ben Ophira and the other Cholim in the community.
Bikur Cholim OWLS (Overnight Women Labor Support): A complimentary service for maternity situations whereby volunteers will come to stay with your kids during the night. For more info on receiving this service or becoming a volunteer, please contact Rikki at 732-249-5116.
Donations of diapers, pull-ups, and wipes are currently being accepted for the new HP/Edison Diaper Gemach. Please email The Diaper Gemach for more information.
Rabbi Yisroel Weiss shiur,Living with Parsha, for men and women: Wednesday evenings at 8:30pm at the Eiserman's home, 154 North 10th Ave, Highland Park. For more info, please call Marsha at 732-503-8675.
Appeal from an OE Member Family: Update - Thank you to all who have contributed to raise funds for a community member to attend a rehab program. This person has completed the first and most expensive part of the program, and is, thank G-d, doing well.
Even with the generous donations shared by community members, the family was forced to borrow thousands of dollars each month to pay $6,000 monthly for the program. They are struggling with significant accumulated debt, and our help is still needed. Please help this local family recover from extreme financial burden. They have generously supported our community in the past and never though they would need to ask for themselves.
Please visit their chesed fund webpage to donate by credit card or if you wish to make out a check instead of contributing online, please make it out to Congregation Ohav Emeth and in the memo write Rabbi’s Charity Fund. On a separate note (**not in memo), write that it is for the rehabilitation campaign.
The ACTT (Achieving Change Through Torah) program helps individuals succeed in making meaningful and lasting changes in their lives.
Source book: Artscroll’s Living Simchah: Finding the Joy in Everything by Rabbi Hadar Margolin.
Serve Hashem with Joy: Can We Work on Being Happier?, speaker Rabbi Moshe Tzvi Weinberg, can be downloaded or
listened to from the Audio page of the ACTT Website.
For more info, e-mail ACTT or call Phil Rosen (732) 572-8762.
The Edison/Highland Park gown Gemach, L'iluy Nishmas R' Yitzchok Ben Binyomin, is open for business! The Gemach houses a wide selection of gowns for children, pre-teen, teens and adults. Please note the Gemach is still looking for donation of gowns in very good condition. Tax deduction is given and pick up of the gowns can also be arranged. For more information and/or to schedule an appointment please call Sara Scott at 516-526-0941.
Collecting Sheitels: Keren Kol Kallah - established to provide orphan and destitute kallahs in Israel with essential needs. Donated custom sheitels, some brand-new, some gently worn, are sold to women in Israel who would not otherwise have the funds to buy a quality wig. All the money raised at the sale goes towards a hachnasas kallah fund which helps needy brides in Eretz Yisrael. Sheitels can be dropped off by Aviva, 16 Edgemount Road, Edison. For more info, please see contact Aviva Siegel at (732) 572-4408.