David Bassous - Rabbi
Ray Morris - President
Visit our Website at http://etzahaim.org for the latest news
- Shacharit: 6:30am
- Mincha: 4:13pm
- Candle lighting 4:13pm
Saturday - Parashat Vayigash
Full Range of Children's Groups: 9:45am - 11:30am
- Boys 6 and up in the Library.
- Girls 6 and up upstairs left classroom.
- Boy's tefilla group meeting at 9:30am
- Children 3 - 5 upstairs right classroom.
- Rabbi Hakakian's Parasha Class: 8:00am
- Shacharit: 8:45am
- We will be saying tehillim as a community this Shabbat after Shacharit to pray for the son (Amichai Yishai ben Gallila) and daughter-in-law (Shira Yael bat Liora Srah) of our dear chazzan Rafi Ishran who were wounded in a terrorist incident in Israel and for the soul of his grandson who was murdered.
- We will also be saying tehillim for Sarah Reich who has undergone surgery and needs special tefillah for refua. Please make sure to attend.
- Latest Shema: 9:05am
- Kiddush sponsored in honor of the aliya of Zev Feldman by many
friends - Help us make this a grand affair by [sponsoring it].
- To sponsor a kiddush, go to our Kiddush webpage.
- Zera Shimshon: 2:05pm with Rabbi Hakakian
- Women's Tehillim Class: 2:05pm
- Parasha Signs for the Future with Rabbi Bassous: 3:05 pm
- Mincha: 4:05pm
- Seuda Shelishit is sponsored by Drs, Ben & Diana Hakakian & Family in memory of his father Yechezkel ben Hodadad
- Class with Rabbi Bassous: Putting a Mezuzah on the Right Way
- Arvit: 5:13pm
- Shabbat Ends: 5:13pm
- Shacharit: 8:30am
- Women Pirke Avot Class: 10:00am
- Shulchan Aruch: 3:45pm
- Mincha and Arvit: 4:15pm
- Iggeret HaRamban: 5:00pm
Monday to Thursday
- Shacharit: 6:30am
- Mishna-a-Day: 7:20am
- Shulchan Aruch: 3:45pm
- Mincha and Arvit: 4:15pm
- Tuesday: Talmud Class: 8:00pm -- Now on 6th Chapter of Brachot, Keytzad Mevarchin. Please join us!
- Shacharit: 6:30am
- Mincha: 4:15pm
- Candle lighting: 4:15pm
News and Events From our Webpage
- Help Us Welcome New Members to Our Community - HP/Edison Connection welcomes new members to our community. Our laison is looking for people to host new community members for Shabbat dinner. Please sign up to help out.
- In Memory of Phil Machlin -- Help learn some mishnayot in his honor.
- UPDATED: Local Gemachs Listing
- December 15: Special Kiddush to Honor Ze"ev Feldman Making Aliyah
- December 15: Tomchei Shabbos Community Wide Concert - Tomchei Shabbos provides Shabbat and Yom Tov meals to families in need in Middlesex County. Help us make this a grand affair by sponsoring it. See our webpage.
- December 16: Shomer 360 Training -- Unarmed Response to an Active Shooter Training
- December 18: The Daughters of Etz Ahaim Paid Up Dinner
- December 22: Adult/Child CPR Class with AED -- Help save a life.
- December 23: The Toby Mayer Memorial Scholarship Breakfast
- March 17: The Annual Bikur Cholim Breakfast
- If you have an outstanding balance with Etz Ahaim, please send in your payment to help the Synagogue. Your help is appreciated.
- If you are the last person to leave the building (except on Shabbat and Chaggim) make sure all the lights are out.
- If you are celebrating a simcha or want to remember a loved one, sponsoring a kiddush is one of the best ways to mark the occasion. To sponsor a Shabbat Kiddush, please go to our [Kiddush Sponsorship Page] on our website and fill out the on line form. We'll get in contact with you as soon as possible. To sponsor a seuda or a Sunday morning breakfast, call the shul at 732-247-3839.
Bikur Cholim of Congregation Etz Ahaim
- Contact Rose Reiss at (732) 828-7415 in order to volunteer.
- Seeking volunteers to visit: Shirley Cohena and others at the Regency Nursing home on DeMott Lane in Somerset. For more info, contact Rahel Baruh.
- Drivers and coordinators needed. Call (732) 572-7181 for more information.
The congregation extends get-well wishes to:
- Avishai ben Esther
- Avraham ben Sarah
- Linda Balavram (Emuna bat Sarah)
- Clara bat Rachel
- David ben Farha
- Esther bat Liba
- Galina bat Riva
- Gittel bat Leah
- Bradley Greenberg (Yehuda Dovid ben Tzvia Sarah)
- Liba Shaindel bat Chava
- Lidia bat Paulina
- Lita Greenberg (Tzvia Sarah bat Golda)
- Millie Hakim (Miriam bat Sarah)
- Miriam Devorah bat Bracha
- Benny Mayo (Bentzion ben Avraham)
- Mary Naar (Miriam bat Yitzchak)
- Penina Rachel bat Bracha
- Perla bat Leah
- Yehuda Reich (Yehuda ben Hermina)
- Lilas Saltiel (Leah Saltiel)
- Sarah bat Esther
- Sheva bat Merel
- Zimbul bat Vida
Rebbitzen Eichenstein’s classes for women:
- No Tefillah class on Sunday, December 16
- Parsha class on Monday, December 17 at 8:00pm at Congregation Ohr Torah
For more information, please call or text Aviva at 732-672-7104 or email her at email@example.com.
Friday, November 30th at 8:30PM, Rabbi Elie Reisman will be giving his next installment on the Technology Series at Khal Chassidim, 46 N. 8th Avenue. Topic will be Shabbos in the Present Day Home. He will be discussing adjusting timers on shabbos, opening refrigerators and ovens on shabbos, sensors and lights. Shiur is for men and women.
RJJ Women’s Luncheon: Sunday, December 16 at 12:00pm at Congregation Ohr Torah. Honorees: Mrs. Rachel Silber and Mrs. Fraidi Silberberg. For more info, 732-985-6533.
Women's Learning Initiative:
- Offers customized Torah learning partners / chavrusas! For a personalized study program of your choice, email your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parsha class by Mrs. Miri Cohen: Tuesday, December 18 at 9:30pm at the home of Leah Epshtein, 253 Lawrence Avenue, Highland Park. Babysitting is available.
- Shimiras Haloshon class December 17 by Mrs. Leah Drillman at the home of Janet Rivenson, 19 Price Drive, Edison. For more information, please call Ellen at 201-410-1893 or 732-777-6787.
Tiferes: DVD for women Motzai Shabbos, December 22 at 8:30 PM at the Siegel house. Weekly teleconferences with topics such as shalom bayis and parenting are available to Tiferes members. Current teleconference: “Shalom Bayis - Getting it Right” with Mrs. Rivka Katz. Teleconferences are open and free to all women during the month of Kislev! 212-444-9898; pin 2018. For more info or to become a member, please contact Aviva at email@example.com. The Highland Park / Edison group of Tiferes is zecher l'nishmas Malka bas Shalom.
Rabbi Weiss' shiur on Tehillim: for men and women on Wednesday nights at 7:30 PM, at Eiserman home, 154 N. 10th Ave., Highland Park. For more info, please call 347-203-7906.
SAVE THE DATE! Park Mikvah presents a Melave Malka for women on Motzai Shabbos, February 23, 2019. Guest Speaker: Charlene Aminoff from @galicouturewigs. Details to follow.
Hours: Sunday - Thursday hours are 9:00 PM – 11:00 PM. Starting Sunday, November 4, Sunday - Thursday hours will be 8:00 PM – 10:30 PM. Friday night by appointment only by leaving a message at 732-249-2411 or via the website or call / text 732-221-8155. Motzai Shabbos, November 17, 24, all motzai Shabbos in December: 7:30 – 10:00 PM.
The Women's AMEN Group meets monthly on the Sundays following the Shabbos in which one bensches Rosh Chodesh, at 9:30 AM in a downstairs classroom at Congregation Ohr Torah. The group meets in the zechus of a refuah shelaimah for Menachem Mordechai ben Ophira and the other Cholim in the community.
Bikur Cholim OWLS (Overnight Women Labor Support): A complimentary service for maternity situations whereby volunteers will come to stay with your kids during the night. For more info on receiving this service or becoming a volunteer, please contact Rikki at 732-249-5116. Thank you.
Donations of diapers, pull-ups, and wipes are currently being accepted for the new HP/Edison Diaper Gemach. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Appeal from an OE Member Family: Update - Thank you to all who have contributed to raise funds for a community member to attend a rehab program. This person has completed the first and most expensive part of the program, and is, thank G-d, doing well. Even with the generous donations shared by community members, the family was forced to borrow thousands of dollars each month to pay $6,000 monthly for the program. They are struggling with significant accumulated debt, and our help is still needed. Please help this local family recover from extreme financial burden. They have generously supported our community in the past and never though they would need to ask for themselves. Please visit https://thechesedfund.com/cause/please-help-us-afford-rehab-to-save-our-son to donate by credit card or if you wish to make out a check instead of contributing online, please make it out to Congregation Ohav Emeth and in the memo write Rabbi’s Charity Fund. On a separate note (NOT IN MEMO), write that it is for the rehab campaign.
ERUV: The Highland Park Eruv has a webpage which includes a map and the most recent status of the eruv. You can even use the webpage to find out if someone’s house is inside the eruv. You can get automated notifications of the eruv’s status each Friday via Twitter, text, Facebook, or email. Go to http://hperuv.org/status for more information.