David Bassous - Rabbi
Ray Morris - President
Visit our Website at http://etzahaim.org for the latest news
- Shacharit: 8:00am
- Mincha: 4:16pm
- Candle lighting 4:16pm
Saturday - Parashat Vayishlach
Full Range of Children's Groups: 9:45am - 11:30am
- Boys 6 and up in the Library.
- Girls 6 and up upstairs left classroom.
- Boy's tefilla group meeting at 9:30am
- Children 3 - 5 upstairs right classroom.
- Shacharit: 8:45am
Latest Shema: 8:50am
Kiddush is sponsored by Marc Bengio In memory of his father, Abraham Haïm Bengio
- To sponsor a kiddush, go to our Kiddush webpage.
Zera Shimshon: 2:05pm with Rabbi Weintraub
- Women's Tehillim Class: 2:05pm
- Making Amends with Rabbi Bassous: 3:05pm
- Mincha: 4:10pm
- Seuda Shelishit is sponsored by Peretz and Adina Aguilar
in gratitude to Hashem for their new home
- Class with Rabbi Bassous: Buying Jewelry with Hashem's Name
- Arvit: 5:16pm
- Shabbat Ends: 5:16pm
- Shacharit: 8:30am
- Women Pirke Avot Class: 10:00am
- The Meaning of Tefilla with Rabbi Weintraub: 10:00am
- Mincha and Arvit at 34 Washington Avenue, Highland Park NJ: 4:15pm
- After services: Special Chanukat HaBayit of David y Adinah de Aguilar
- Iggeret HaRabam will be at the Chanukat Habayit: 5:00pm
Monday to Thursday
- Shacharit: 6:30am
- Mishna-a-Day: 7:20am
- Shulchan Aruch: 3:45pm
- Mincha and Arvit: 4:15pm -- Please come to make the minyan!
- Tuesday: Talmud Class: 8:00pm -- Now on 6th Chapter of Brachot, Keytzad Mevarchin. Please join us!
- Shacharit: 6:30am
- Mincha: 4:13pm
- Candle lighting: 4:13pm
News and Events From our Webpage
- Help Us Welcome New Members to Our Community - HP/Edison Connection welcomes new members to our community. Our laison is looking for people to host new community members for Shabbat dinner. Please sign up to help out.
- In Memory of Phil Machlin -- Help learn some mishnayot in his honor.
- UPDATED: Local Gemachs Listing
- December 8: The Simcha Kiddush - Our 5th Annual Simcha Kiddush. Sponsor now!
- December 15: Tomchei Shabbos Community Wide Concert - Tomchei Shabbos provides Shabbat and Yom Tov meals to families in need in Middlesex County. Help us make this a grand affair by sponsoring it. See our webpage.
- December 16: Shomer 360 Training -- Unarmed Response to an Active Shooter Training
- December 18: The Daughters of Etz Ahaim Paid Up Dinner
- December 23: The Toby Mayer Memorial Scholarship Breakfast
- March 17: The Annual Bikur Cholim Breakfast
- If you have an outstanding balance with Etz Ahaim, please send in your payment to help the Synagogue. Your help is appreciated.
- If you are the last person to leave the building (except on Shabbat and Chaggim) make sure all the lights are out.
- If you are celebrating a simcha or want to remember a loved one, sponsoring a kiddush is one of the best ways to mark the occasion. To sponsor a Shabbat Kiddush, please go to our [Kiddush Sponsorship Page] on our website and fill out the on line form. We'll get in contact with you as soon as possible. To sponsor a seuda or a Sunday morning breakfast, call the shul at 732-247-3839.
Bikur Cholim of Congregation Etz Ahaim
- Contact Rose Reiss at (732) 828-7415 in order to volunteer.
- Seeking volunteers to visit: Shirley Cohena and others at the Regency Nursing home on DeMott Lane in Somerset. For more info, contact Rahel Baruh.
- Drivers and coordinators needed. Call (732) 572-7181 for more information.
The congregation extends get-well wishes to:
- Avishai ben Esther
- Linda Balavram (Emuna bat Sarah)
- Galina bat Riva
- Bradley Greenberg (Yehuda Dovid ben Tzvia Sarah)
- Lita Greenberg (Tzvia Sarah bat Golda)
- Millie Hakim (Miriam bat Sarah)
- Benny Mayo (Bentzion ben Avraham)
- Mary Naar (Miriam bat Yitzchak)
- Clara bat Rachel
- David ben Farha
- Penina Rachel bat Bracha
- Perla bat Leah
- Yehuda Reich (Yehuda ben Hermina)
- Lilas Saltiel (Leah Saltiel)
- Avraham ben Sarah
- Sheva bat Merel
- Esther bat Liba
- Zimbul bat Vida
Rebbitzen Eichenstein’s classes for women: Please text / email Aviva at 732-672-7104 or email@example.com on Motzai Shabbos for status of classes on Sunday, November 25 and Monday, November 26.
Friday, November 30th at 8:30PM, Rabbi Elie Reisman will be giving his next installment on the Technology Series at Khal Chassidim, 46 N. 8th Avenue. Topic will be Shabbos in the Present Day Home. He will be discussing adjusting timers on shabbos, opening refrigerators and ovens on shabbos, sensors and lights. Shiur is for men and women.
Women's Learning Initiative:
- Offers customized Torah learning partners / chavrusas! For a personalized study program of your choice, email your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parsha class by Mrs. Miri Cohen: Class on Tuesday, November 27 at 9:30 AM at the home of Leah Epshtein, 253 Lawrence Avenue, Highland Park. Babysitting is now available at the shiur; call / text Leah at 917-763-1848 to reserve.
- Shimiras Haloshon class by Mrs. Leah Drillman: Class on Monday, November 26 at 7:30 PM at the home of Janet Rivenson, 19 Price Drive, Edison. For more info, please call Ellen at 201-410-1893 or 732-777-6787.
Tiferes: DVD for women Motzai Shabbos, November 24 at 8:30 PM at the Siegel house. Speakers: Rabbi Elchonon Jacobovitz and Rebbetzin Rena Tarshish. Title: “Battling Bogus Beauty with Spiritual Splendor”. Weekly teleconferences with topics such as shalom bayis and parenting are available to Tiferes members. Current teleconference: “Shalom Bayis - Getting it Right” with Mrs. Rivka Katz. Teleconferences are open and free to all women during the month of Kislev! 212-444-9898; pin 2018. For more info or to become a member, please contact Aviva at email@example.com. The Highland Park / Edison group of Tiferes is zecher l'nishmas Malka bas Shalom.
Rabbi Weiss' shiur on Tehillim: for men and women on Wednesday nights at 7:30 PM, at Eiserman home, 154 N. 10th Ave., Highland Park. For more info, please call 347-203-7906.
SAVE THE DATE! Park Mikvah presents a Melave Malka for women on Motzai Shabbos, February 23, 2019. Guest Speaker: Charlene Aminoff from @galicouturewigs. Details to follow.
Hours: Sunday - Thursday hours are 9:00 PM – 11:00 PM. Starting Sunday, November 4, Sunday - Thursday hours will be 8:00 PM – 10:30 PM. Friday night by appointment only by leaving a message at 732-249-2411 or via the website or call / text 732-221-8155. Motzai Shabbos, November 17, 24, all motzai Shabbos in December: 7:30 – 10:00 PM.
The Women's AMEN Group meets monthly on the Sundays following the Shabbos in which one bensches Rosh Chodesh, at 9:30 AM in a downstairs classroom at Congregation Ohr Torah. The group meets in the zechus of a refuah shelaimah for Menachem Mordechai ben Ophira and the other Cholim in the community.
Bikur Cholim OWLS (Overnight Women Labor Support): A complimentary service for maternity situations whereby volunteers will come to stay with your kids during the night. For more info on receiving this service or becoming a volunteer, please contact Rikki at 732-249-5116. Thank you.
Donations of diapers, pull-ups, and wipes are currently being accepted for the new HP/Edison Diaper Gemach. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Appeal from an OE Member Family: Update - Thank you to all who have contributed to raise funds for a community member to attend a rehab program. This person has completed the first and most expensive part of the program, and is, thank G-d, doing well. Even with the generous donations shared by community members, the family was forced to borrow thousands of dollars each month to pay $6,000 monthly for the program. They are struggling with significant accumulated debt, and our help is still needed. Please help this local family recover from extreme financial burden. They have generously supported our community in the past and never though they would need to ask for themselves. Please visit https://thechesedfund.com/cause/please-help-us-afford-rehab-to-save-our-son to donate by credit card or if you wish to make out a check instead of contributing online, please make it out to Congregation Ohav Emeth and in the memo write Rabbi’s Charity Fund. On a separate note (NOT IN MEMO), write that it is for the rehab campaign.
ERUV: The Highland Park Eruv has a webpage which includes a map and the most recent status of the eruv. You can even use the webpage to find out if someone’s house is inside the eruv. You can get automated notifications of the eruv’s status each Friday via Twitter, text, Facebook, or email. Go to http://hperuv.org/status for more information.