David Bassous - Rabbi
Ray Morris - President
Visit our Website at http://etzahaim.org for the latest news
- Shacharit: 6:30am
- Mincha: 5:44pm
- Candle lighting 5:44pm
Saturday - Parashat Vayera
Full Range of Children's Groups: 9:45am - 11:30am
- Boys 6 and up in the Library.
- Girls 6 and up upstairs left classroom.
- Boy’s tefila group meeting at 9:30am
- Children 3 - 5 upstairs right classroom.
- Rabbi Hakakian's Parasha Class: 8:00am
- Shacharit: 8:45am
- Latest Shema: 9:29am
- Kiddush is sponsored by Yehudit and David Tawil
and Family in honor of Ralph's Bar Mitzvah
- To sponsor a kiddush, go to our Kiddush webpage.
- Zera Shimshon: 3:30pm with Rabbi Elon Weintraub
- Women's Tehillim Class: 3:30pm
- The Power Couple: Amazing Greatness of Avraham and Sarah with Rabbi Bassous: 4:30pm
- Mincha: 5:30pm
- Seuda is sponsored by Jacklyn Rosen and Ari Blinder
in memory of Jacklyn's mother on her Shloshim.
- Class Is Marijuana "kosher"?
- Arvit: 6:44pm
- Shabbat Ends: 6:44pm
- Shacharit: 8:30am
- Women Pirke Avot Class: 10:00am
- Men's Class: The Meaning of the Siddur: 10:00am
- Sulchan Aruch: 5:20pm
- Mincha and Arvit: 5:50pm
Monday to Thursday
- Shacharit: 6:30am
- Mishna a Day: 7:30am
- Shulchan Aruch 5:10 pm
- Mincha and Arvit: 5:40pm
- Monday: Iggeret Haramban: 7:00pm
- Tuesday: Talmud Class: 7:00pm
- Shacharit: 6:30am
- Mincha: 5:35pm
- Candle lighting: 5:35pm
News and Events From our Webpage
- Help Us Welcome New Members to Our Community - HP/Edison Connection welcomes new members to our community. Our laison is looking for people to host new community members for Shabbat dinner. Please sign up to help out.
- Sunday Morning Breakfast at Etz Ahaim - Every Sunday after Shacharit.
- Powerful Reasons for Being Religious - As if you needed more reasons than seven major holidays in a three week period.
- Novemner 11: Community Blood Drive - Help save a life.
- If you have an outstanding balance with Etz Ahaim, please send in your payment to help the Synagogue. Your help is appreciated.
- If you are the last person to leave the building (except on Shabbat and Chaggim) make sure all the lights are out.
- If you are celebrating a simcha or want to remember a loved one, sponsoring a kiddush is one of the best ways to mark the occasion. To sponsor a Shabbat Kiddush, please go to our [Kiddush Sponsorship Page] on our website and fill out the on line form. We'll get in contact with you as soon as possible. To sponsor a seuda or a Sunday morning breakfast, call the shul at 732-247-3839.
Bikur Cholim of Congregation Etz Ahaim
Our Congregation has its own Bikur Cholim Committee. If you know of a congregant who is in the hospital or a nursing home and would like a visit, please let us know. If there is a Home-bound congregant who is in need of a visit or assistance, we can help. We may also be able to make contact with a Jewish Agency which may be able to provide additional services. Please call Rose Reiss at 732-828-7415.
Nursing Home Visitation: Seeking volunteers to visit Shirley Cohen, and others at the Regency nursing home on DeMott Lane in Somerset. For more info or an updated list of residents requesting visitors, please email Rahel Baruh or call her at 732-672-4673
Transportation Committee: Drivers and coordinators needed. Coordinate rides to and from medical appointments - match requests with an available driver. Each coordinator serves for two weeks at a time. To volunteer to coordinate or to drive, please call Bikur Cholim hotline at 732-572-7181 or fill out the volunteer form.
The congregation extends get-well wishes to:
- Avishai ben Esther
- Linda Balavram (Emuna bat Sarah)
- Galina bat Riva
- Bradley Greenberg (Yehuda Dovid ben Tzvia Sarah)
- Lita Greenberg (Tzvia Sarah bat Golda)
- Millie Hakim (Miriam bat Sarah)
- Benny Mayo (Bentzion ben Avraham)
- Mary Naar (Miriam bat Yitzchak)
- Clara bat Rachel
- David ben Farha
- Penina Rachel bat Bracha
- Perla bat Leah
- Yehuda Reich (Yehuda ben Hermina)
- Lilas Saltiel (Leah Saltiel)
- Avraham ben Sarah
- Sheva bat Merel
- Esther bat Liba
- Zimbul bat Vida
Women's Learning Initiative
The Women's Learning Initiative offers customized Torah learning partners.
- Parsha class by Mrs. Miri Cohen: Class on Tuesday, October 30 at 9:30am at the home of Leah Epshtein, 253 Lawrence Avenue, Highland Park. Text or call Leah at 917-763-1848 to confirm.
- Shiriras Haloshon class by Mrs. Leah Drillman: First class on Monday, October 29 at 7:30 at the home of Ellen Smith. For more information, please call Eleen at 201-410-1893 or 732-777-6787.
Rebbitzen Eichenstein’s classes on Sunday, October 28 at 11:00am. Parasha class on Monday, October 29 at 8:00pm at Congregation Ohr Torah. For more information, please contact Aviva at 732-672-7104 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Rabbi Reisman will be giving a shiur for men and women at Rabbi Horowitz' Shteible, 46 N. 8th Avenue, HP on November 3rd, Parshas Chayei Sorah. Shiur starts at 4:30pm. Topic is Put Your Mind in Shabbos Mode: Shabbos and Technological Innovations. Shabbos lamps, how kosher was the kosher switch, shabbos modes in devices will be discussed. For any questions, please call Marsha Eiserman 347-203-7906.
Rabbi Weiss' shiur on Tehillim: for men and women on Wednesday nights at 8:30pm, at Eiserman home, 154 North 10th Ave., Highland Park. For more info, please call 347-203-7906.
Women's Learning Initiative Parsha class by Mrs. Miri Cohen: Class on Tuesday, October 16 at 9:30am at the home of Leah Epshtein, 253 Lawrence Avenue, Highland Park. For more info, please call/text Leah at 917-763-1848.
Tiferes: DVD for women Motzai Shabbat, October 27 at 8:30pm at the Siegel house. Speakers: Rabbi Heshy Klienman and Mrs. Chaya Breindy Kenigsberg. Title: Seeing Spirituality - In Our Lives, In Our Children.
Weekly teleconferences with topics such as shalom bayit and parenting are available to Tiferes members. Current teleconference: The Scenic Route with Mrs Esther Gendelman. For more info or to become a member, please contact Aviva
The Highland Park/Edison group of Tiferes is zecher l'nishmas Malka bas Shalom.
The Women's AMEN Group meets monthly on the Sundays following the Shabbot in which one bentches Rosh Chodesh, at 9:30am in a downstairs classroom at Congregation Ohr Torah. The group meets in the zechus of a refuah shelaimah for Menachem Mordechai ben Ophira and the other Cholim in the community.
Bikur Cholim OWLS (Overnight Women Labor Support): A complimentary service for maternity situations whereby volunteers will come to stay with your kids during the night. For more info on receiving this service or becoming a volunteer, please contact Rikki at 732-249-5116.
Donations of diapers, pull-ups, and wipes are currently being accepted for the new HP/Edison Diaper Gemach. Please contact us for more information.
Gemachs Abound in Highland Park: A Gemach is sometimes thought of a free loan organization, but these organizations can lend way more than just money. For example, if you have a large simcha at your house and need tables, center pieces, and tablecloths, a gemach can help you out. Etz Ahaim has a complete listing of all local area gemachs.
Park Mikvah Hours:
- Sunday - Thursday: 9:00pm - 11:00pm
- Sunday After November 4: 8:00pm - 10:30pm
- Friday Night by Appointment