- Shacharit 6:30am
- Shir Hashirim: 4:10pm
- Mincha: 4:26pm
- Candle lighting 4:26pm
Saturday - Parashat Shemot
Full Range of Children's Groups: 9:45am - 11:30am
- Boys 6 and up in the Library.
- Girls 6 and up upstairs left classroom.
- Boy’s tefila group meeting at 9:30am
- Children 3 - 5 upstairs right classroom.
- Parasha with Rabbi Ben Hakakian: 8:00am
- Shacharit: 8:45pm
- Latest Shema: 9:13am
- Kiddush sponsored by Moe Yarmush in honor of various family birthdays
- Kiddush Sponsorships available for January 27 and all Shabbats in February.
- To sponsor a Kiddush, go to our Kiddush Sponsorship Page Kiddush Sponsorships are available January 27 and all of February
- Tehillim group for women will restart in March.
- Class: 3:15pm
- Mincha: 4:15pm
- Seuda Shelishit after Mincha
- Sponsored by: Albert & Leora Mitzner & Family in memory of his father Enrique Levy - Aharon ben Avraham Halevy
- Class with Elon Weintraub
- Arvit and Shabbat Ends: 5:26pm
- Shacharit: 8:30am
- Women's Class: The Thirteen Principles of Faith: 10:00am
- Shulchan Aruch: 3:55pm
- Mincha and Arvit: 4:25pm
- Followed by a Safrut Training Course - (limited room)
- Women in Tanach: 8:00pm
- Rav Kook's Orot Teshuvah class: 9.00pm
Monday - Thursday
- Shacharit: 6:30am
- Mishna a Day: 7:30am
- Shulchan Aruch: 7:00pm
- Arvit: 7:30pm
- Monday: Jewish Meditation: 8:00pm
- Tuesdays: Talmud: 8:00pm
Next Week – Friday
- Shacharit: 6:30am
- Mincha: 4:33pm
- Candle lighting 4:33pm
Upcoming Events on our Webpage
The following events are on our wepage under the events section. Keep up what's going on with Etz Ahaim and our community!
- January 11: Introduction to Jewish Genealogy By Nathan Reiss. The basic nitty-gritty stuff that you need to know in order to get started.
- February 10: Park Mikvah Melava Malka More details to follow. For more information and to help sponsor the event, please email The Park Mikvah or call 516-526-0941
- February 11: Bikur Cholim Annual Breakfast Guest Speaker will be Rabbi Ephraim Eliyahu. Couvert of $50 per person.
- Jewish Sewing Circle for Quilters and Other Hand Crafters: Meet every Tuesday from 7:00pm to 9:00pm in the lower social hall of Congregation Etz Ahaim. Please bring your own project and associated supplies. All levels are welcome but please note this is not a class.
- Minyan Map and Shiur List updated. Download the latest listings from our website!
- If you have an outstanding balance with Etz Ahaim, please send in your payment to help the Synagogue. Your help is appreciated
- If you are the last person to leave the building (except on Shabbat and Chaggim) make sure all the lights are out
- If you are celebrating a simcha or want to remember a loved one, sponsoring a kiddush is one of the best ways to mark the occasion. To sponsor a Shabbat Kiddush, please go to our Kiddush Sponsorship Page on our website and fill out the on line form. We'll get in contact with you as soon as possible. To sponsor a seuda or a Sunday morning breakfast, call the shul at 732-247-3839.
Bikur Cholim of Congregation Etz Ahaim
Our Congregation has its own Bikur Cholim Committee. If you know of a congregant who is in the hospital or a nursing home and would like a visit, please let us know. If there is a Home-bound congregant who is in need of a visit or assistance, we can help. We may also be able to make contact with a Jewish Agency which may be able to provide additional services. Please call Rose Reiss at 732-828-7415.
Nursing Home Visitation: Seeking volunteers to visit Mollie Reuben, Shirley Cohen, and others at the Regency nursing home on DeMott Lane in Somerset. For more info or an updated list of residents requesting visitors, please email Rahel Baruh or call her at 732-672-4673
Transportation Committee: Drivers and coordinators needed. Coordinate rides to and from medical appointments - match requests with an available driver. Each coordinator serves for two weeks at a time. To volunteer to coordinate or to drive, please call Bikur Cholim hotline at 732-572-7181 or fill out the volunteer form.
The congregation extends get-well wishes to:
- Avishai ben Esther
- Linda Balavram (Emuna bat Sarah)
- Donna Bardy
- Mary Belsky
- Galina bat Riva
- Bradley Greenberg
- Lita Greenberg
- Millie Hakim (Miriam bat Sarah)
- Viktorya Koen
- Leora bat Matana
- Yvonne Levy (Rivka Miriam bat Gittel)
- Benny Mayo
- Mary Naar
- Clara bat Rachel
- David ben Farha
- Perla bat Leah
- Yehudah Reich
- Lilas Saltiel
- Marcelo Schor
- Abraham ben Sarah
The ACTT (Achieving Change Through Torah) program helps individuals succeed in making meaningful and lasting changes in their lives. Source book: Artscroll’s Living Simchah: Finding the joy in everything by Rabbi Hadar Margolin. Serve Hashem with Joy: Can we work on being happier?, speaker Rabbi Moshe Tzvi Weinberg, can be downloaded or listened to from the Audio page of the ACTT web site. For more info, e-mail email@example.com or call Phil Rosen (732) 572-8762.
Tiferes: DVD for women Motzai Shabbos, January 6 at 8:30 PM at the Siegel house: Conversations with Yourself - Reality from the inside out. Speakers: Mrs. Chana Werdyger and Mrs. Simi Yellen.
Weekly teleconferences with topics such as shalom bayis and parenting are available to Tiferes members. Current teleconference: Shalom Bayis Today. Speaker: Mrs. Dina Schoonmaker. For more info or to become a member, please contact Aviva.
The Highland Park/Edison group of Tiferes is zecher l'nishmas Malka bas Shalom.
Rebbitzen Eichenstein’s classes for women: Please text or call Aviva on Motzai Shabbos at 732-672-7104 for status of Sunday, January 7th Tefillah class; Parsha class on Monday, January 8 at 8:00 PM at Cong. Ohr Torah. For more info, please contact Aviva at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sunday - Thursday 8:00pm to 10:30pm
- Friday Nights: By [appointment only]
- Motzai Shabbat: December - January: 7:30pm – 10:00pm
- Homebound Visitation: Seeking adults and 11th graders and older who would be interested in volunteering to visit homebound people in our community. For more info, please call Bikur Cholim at 732-572-7181.
- Nursing Home Visitation: Seeking volunteers to visit at the Regency nursing home on DeMott Lane in Somerset. For more info, please contact Rahel Baruh or call her at 732-672-4673.
- Transportation Committee: Drivers and coordinators needed. To volunteer, please call Bikur Cholim hotline at 732-572-7181 or fill out the volunteer form on the website
Rabbi Yisroel Weiss shiur, Living with Parsha, for men and women: Wednesday evenings at 8:30pm at the Eiseman Residence at 154 North 10th Avenue.
Contact Marsha Eiserman at 732-503-6675
The Women's AMEN Group meets monthly on the Sundays following the Shabbos in which one bensches Rosh Chodesh, at 9:30am in a downstairs classroom at Congregation Ohr Torah. The group meets in the zechus of a refuah shelaimah for Menachem Mordechai ben Ophira and the other Cholim in the community.
Bikur Cholim OWLS (Overnight Women Labor Support): A complimentary service for maternity situations whereby volunteers will come to stay with your kids during the night. For more info on receiving this service or becoming a volunteer, please contact Rikki at 732-249-5116. Thank you.
Donations of diapers, pull-ups, and wipes are currently being accepted for the new HP/Edison Diaper Gemach. Please email email@example.com for more information.
The Edison/Highland Park gown Gemach, L'iluy Nishmas R' Yitzchok Ben Binyomin, is open for business! The Gemach houses a wide selection of gowns for children, pre-teen, teens and adults. Please note the Gemach is still looking for donation of gowns in very good condition. Tax deduction is given and pick up of the gowns can also be arranged. For more information and/or to schedule an appointment please call Sara Scott at 516-526-0941.
Collecting Sheitels: Keren Kol Kallah - established to provide orphan and destitute kallahs in Israel with essential needs. Donated custom sheitels, some brand-new, some gently worn, are sold to women in Israel who would not otherwise have the funds to buy a quality wig. All the money raised at the sale goes towards a hachnasas kallah fund which helps needy brides in Eretz Yisrael. Sheitels can be dropped off by Aviva, 16 Edgemount Road, Edison. For more info, please see contact Aviva Siegel or call (732) 572-4408.