- Shacharit 6:30am
- Shir Hashirim: 4:30pm
- Mincha: 4:50pm
- Candle lighting 4:50pm
Saturday - Parashat Beshallach
Full Range of Children's Groups: 9:45am - 11:30am
- Boys 6 and up in the Library.
- Girls 6 and up upstairs left classroom.
- Boy’s tefila group meeting at 9:30am
- Children 3 - 5 upstairs right classroom.
- Parasha with Rabbi Ben Hakakian: 8:00am
- Shacharit: 8:45pm
- Latest Shema: 9:13am
- Kiddush sponsored by Steve Urow iho the work of Rabbi Bassous and his refua shelemah.
- Kiddush Sponsorships available for Shabbatot in February.
- To sponsor a Kiddush, go to our Kiddush Sponsorship Page Kiddush Sponsorships are available February 24 and througout March.
- Tehillim group for women will restart in March.
- Class: 3:40pm The Most Important Shiur You Need to Hear in Your Lifetime - The Different Paths to Olam Haba.
- Mincha: 4:40pm
- Seuda sponsored by: Doron and Sari Shalmon and Family
in memory of his father Meir Chai Tzion ben Rivka Z"L
and Isaac & Tzippi Naggar & Family in memory of his father
- Class: Can You Keep Sculptures and Art in Your House?
- Arvit and Shabbat Ends: 5:50pm
- Shacharit: 8:30am
- Women's Class: The Thirteen Principles of Faith: 10:00am
- Shulchan Aruch: 4:20pm
- Mincha and Arvit: 4:50pm
- Followed by a Safrut Training Course
- Women in Tanach: 8:00pm
- Rav Kook's Orot Teshuvah class: 9.00pm
Monday - Thursday
- Shacharit: 6:30am
- Mishna a Day: 7:30am
- Shulchan Aruch: 7:00pm
- Arvit: 7:30pm
- Monday: Jewish Meditation: 8:00pm
- Tuesday: Talmud: 8:00pm
- Shacharit: 6:30am
- Mincha: 4:58pm
- Candle lighting 4:58pm
- Fundraiser for New Seating in our Sanctuary We need to rase $50,000 by June 30, 2018 in order to replace our dilapitated pews currently in our sanctuary. Please donate
- Jewish Sewing Circle for Quilters and Other Hand Crafters: Meet every Tuesday from 7:00pm to 9:00pm in the lower social hall of Congregation Etz Ahaim. Please bring your own project and associated supplies. All levels are welcome but please note this is not a class.
- Minyan Map and Shiur List updated. Download the latest listings from our website!
Upcoming Events on our Webpage
The following events are on our webpage under the events section. Keep up what's going on with Etz Ahaim and our community!
- February 10: Park Mikvah Melava Malka More details to follow. For more information and to help sponsor the event, please email The Park Mikvah or call 516-526-0941
- February 11: Bikur Cholim Annual Breakfast Guest Speaker will be Rabbi Ephraim Eliyahu Shapiro. Couvert of $50 per person.
- April 25: Join the annual NORPAC Mission to Washington. Each year NORPAC selects different issues to present to Members of Congress related to legislation in the U.S. House and Senate.
- If you have an outstanding balance with Etz Ahaim, please send in your payment to help the Synagogue. Your help is appreciated
- If you are the last person to leave the building (except on Shabbat and Chaggim) make sure all the lights are out
- If you are celebrating a simcha or want to remember a loved one, sponsoring a kiddush is one of the best ways to mark the occasion. To sponsor a Shabbat Kiddush, please go to our Kiddush Sponsorship Page on our website and fill out the on line form. We'll get in contact with you as soon as possible. To sponsor a seuda or a Sunday morning breakfast, call the shul at 732-247-3839.
Bikur Cholim of Congregation Etz Ahaim
Our Congregation has its own Bikur Cholim Committee. If you know of a congregant who is in the hospital or a nursing home and would like a visit, please let us know. If there is a Home-bound congregant who is in need of a visit or assistance, we can help. We may also be able to make contact with a Jewish Agency which may be able to provide additional services. Please call Rose Reiss at 732-828-7415.
Nursing Home Visitation: Seeking volunteers to visit Mollie Reuben, Shirley Cohen, and others at the Regency nursing home on DeMott Lane in Somerset. For more info or an updated list of residents requesting visitors, please email Rahel Baruh or call her at 732-672-4673
Transportation Committee: Drivers and coordinators needed. Coordinate rides to and from medical appointments - match requests with an available driver. Each coordinator serves for two weeks at a time. To volunteer to coordinate or to drive, please call Bikur Cholim hotline at 732-572-7181 or fill out the volunteer form.
The congregation extends get-well wishes to:
- Avishai ben Esther
- Linda Balavram (Emuna bat Sarah)
- Donna Bardy
- Mary Belsky
- Galina bat Riva
- Bradley Greenberg
- Lita Greenberg
- Millie Hakim (Miriam bat Sarah)
- Viktorya Koen
- Yvonne Levy (Rivka Miriam bat Gittel)
- Benny Mayo
- Mary Naar
- Clara bat Rachel
- David ben Farha
- Perla bat Leah
- Yehudah Reich
- Lilas Saltiel
- Marcelo Schor
- Abraham ben Sarah
- Sheva bat Merel
Shovavim presents the 26th annual community wide Taharas Mishpacha review:
For Women: Rebbetzin Aviva Wasser will be speaking on halachos and hashkafos of Taharas Mishpacha on Sundays February 18 and 25 at 8:00pm at Congregation Ohr Torah. Please submit questions to be answered by Rebbetzin Wasser at the review to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Men - Rabbi Hillel Feldman will present a 3 part shiur for married men on the halachos of Taharas Hamishpacha at the Agudah on Monday February 5 at 8:15pm.
Rebbitzen Eichenstein’s classes for women: Tefillah class on Sunday, January 28 at 11:00am at Agudah. No Parsha class on Monday, January 29. For more information, please contact Aviva at 732-572-4408 or email@example.com
Women's Learning Initiative Shimiras Haloshon class by Mrs. Leah Drillman: Monday, Janurary 29 at 7:30pm at Ellen Smith's house, 407 North 8th Ave, Edison For more information, please call Ellen at 201-410-1893 or 732-777-6787.
Women's Learning Initiative Parsha class by Mrs. Miri Cohen: For status of class on Tuesday, January 30, please call Leah at 917-763-1848.
For women: Rebbetzin Aviva Wasser will be speaking on halachos and hashkafos of Taharas Mishpacha on Sundays February 4, 2018. Time and location info to follow. Please submit questions to be answered by Rebbetzin Wasser at the review to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ACTT (Achieving Change Through Torah) program helps individuals succeed in making meaningful and lasting changes in their lives. Source book: Artscroll’s Living Simchah: Finding the joy in everything by Rabbi Hadar Margolin. Serve Hashem with Joy: Can we work on being happier?, speaker Rabbi Moshe Tzvi Weinberg, can be downloaded or listened to from the Audio page of the ACTT web site. For more info, e-mail email@example.com or call Phil Rosen (732) 572-8762.
Tiferes: DVD for women Motzai Shabbos, February 3 at 8:30pm at the Siegel house: Relationship Strategies for Ourselves and Our Children. Speakers: Rabbi Doniel Frank and Mrs. Debbie Selengut.
Weekly teleconferences with topics such as shalom bayis and parenting are available to Tiferes members. Current teleconference: All Different, All Mine. Speaker: Mrs. Mindy Blumenfeld.
For more info or to become a member, please contact Aviva.
The Highland Park/Edison group of Tiferes is zecher l'nishmas Malka bas Shalom.
- Sunday - Thursday 8:00pm to 10:30pm
- Friday Nights: By [appointment only]
- Motzai Shabbat: January: 7:30pm – 10:00pm
- Motzai Shabbat: February: 7:45 – 10:15pm
- February 28 (Megillat Esther): By appointment only
- Homebound Visitation: Seeking adults and 11th graders and older who would be interested in volunteering to visit homebound people in our community. For more info, please call Bikur Cholim at 732-572-7181.
- Nursing Home Visitation: Seeking volunteers to visit at the Regency nursing home on DeMott Lane in Somerset. For more info, please contact Rahel Baruh or call her at 732-672-4673.
- Transportation Committee: Drivers and coordinators needed. To volunteer, please call Bikur Cholim hotline at 732-572-7181 or fill out the volunteer form on the website
Rabbi Yisroel Weiss shiur, Living with Parsha, for men and women: Wednesday evenings at 8:30pm at the Eiseman Residence at 154 North 10th Avenue.
Contact Marsha Eiserman at 732-503-6675
The Women's AMEN Group meets monthly on the Sundays following the Shabbos in which one bensches Rosh Chodesh, at 9:30am in a downstairs classroom at Congregation Ohr Torah. The group meets in the zechus of a refuah shelaimah for Menachem Mordechai ben Ophira and the other Cholim in the community.
Bikur Cholim OWLS (Overnight Women Labor Support): A complimentary service for maternity situations whereby volunteers will come to stay with your kids during the night. For more info on receiving this service or becoming a volunteer, please contact Rikki at 732-249-5116. Thank you.
Donations of diapers, pull-ups, and wipes are currently being accepted for the new HP/Edison Diaper Gemach. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Edison/Highland Park gown Gemach, L'iluy Nishmas R' Yitzchok Ben Binyomin, is open for business! The Gemach houses a wide selection of gowns for children, pre-teen, teens and adults. Please note the Gemach is still looking for donation of gowns in very good condition. Tax deduction is given and pick up of the gowns can also be arranged. For more information and/or to schedule an appointment please call Sara Scott at 516-526-0941.
Collecting Sheitels: Keren Kol Kallah - established to provide orphan and destitute kallahs in Israel with essential needs. Donated custom sheitels, some brand-new, some gently worn, are sold to women in Israel who would not otherwise have the funds to buy a quality wig. All the money raised at the sale goes towards a hachnasas kallah fund which helps needy brides in Eretz Yisrael. Sheitels can be dropped off by Aviva, 16 Edgemount Road, Edison. For more info, please see contact Aviva Siegel or call (732) 572-4408.