If you're depending upon the eruv for carrying on Shabbat, you are responsible to check the status of the eruv before Shabbat starts. We now have six official different ways you can check the eruv's status:
- Twitter: This is what the Eruv Committee uses to notify everyone of the eruv's status. You can get a free Twitter account and follow the user @hp_eruv. When the Eruv Committee finishes checking the New Brunswick or Highland Park eruvs, they immediately send out an update via the @hp_eruv account. You can also setup Twitter to get notifications on your smartphone. Complete directions are available on [The Highland Park Eruv] website.
- Text Messaging: Good news: can get text message updates of the eruv's status on your cell phone. The bad news: You need a Twitter account. The good news is that once this is setup, you never, ever have to see Twitter again. Twitter accounts are free. Set one up, associate the account with your cell phone number, and then on your cell phone, text
40404. Once that is done, everything is set, and it'll work even on non-smart phones. Go to the Eruv webpage for complete directions on setting up text messaging the Highland Park Eruv website.
- Facebook: Follow the @hperuv Facebook group. This Facebook group echoes the Twitter account. When we update the @hp_eruv Twitter account, this Facebook group is automatically updated.
- Webpage: The Highland Park Eruv webpage displays the Twitter updates on the Home page, the Status page, and on the News page. The webpage gets updated about 20 to 45 minutes after the Twitter account is updated.
- Phone Hotline: The Phone hotline at 732-246-ERUV is updated before Shabbat.
- Email Alerts: You can now get email alerts whenever we update the eruv's status. Go to the Highland Park Eruv webpage, and sign up.