David Bassous - Rabbi
Ray Morris - President
Visit our Website at http://etzahaim.org for the latest news
- Shir Hashirim: 5:30pm
- Shacharit: 6:30am
- Mincha: 5:51pm
- Candle lighting 5:51pm
Shabbat - Parashat Noach
Full Range of Children's Groups: 9:45am - 11:30am
- Boys 6 and up in the Library.
- Girls 6 and up upstairs left classroom.
- Children 3 - 5 upstairs right classroom.
- Parasha with Rabbi Ben Hakakian: 8:00am
- Shacharit: 8:45am
- Latest Shema: 9:19am
- Kiddush after services Sponsored by Aaron Epstein and Leora Wenger
in memory of Leora’s parents – Yechiel Yitzchak and Elaine Wenger.
- To sponsor a Kiddush, go to our kiddush sponsorship webpage.
- Tehillim group for women: 4:45pm
- Class with Rabbi Silver: 4:50pm
- Mincha: 5:50pm
- Seuda Shelishit after Mincha
- sponsored by Dr. Yechiel and Zita Weinstein and family in memory of her father Noach ben Haim.
- Special speaker is Rabbi Krief.
- Arvit and Shabbat Ends: 6:51pm
Congregation would like to thank Rabbi Silver for speaking Friday night, giving a morning sermon and a pre-Mincha class, and thank Rabbi Krief for speaking during the Seuda.
- Selichot 7.45am
- Hatarat Nedarim 8:20am
- Shacharit: 8:30am
- No Women's Class this Week!
- Mincha and Arvit: 6:51pm
- Rav Kook's Orot Teshuvah class: 9:00pm
Monday - Thursday
- Shacharit: 6:30am
- Mishna a Day: 7:30am
- Halacha a Day: 6:15pm
- Mincha & Arvit: 5:50pm
Next Week – Friday
- Shacharit: 6:30am
- Mincha: 5:41pm
- Candle lighting 5:41pm
- Parasha and Halacha with Rabbi Ben Hakakian: Shabbat 8:00am
- Nach: Shabbat: 5:30pm
- Woman's Class: Hilchot De'ot of Rambam: Sunday 10:00am (Off this week)
- Mishna-a-Day: Monday to Friday 7:30am
- Halacha-a-Day: Monday - Thursday 6:50pm
- Eye to the Infinite: Monday 8:00pm (Off this week)
- Talmud Berachot - Chapter 3: Tuesday 8:00pm (Off this week)
- Rav Kook's Orot Teshuvah: Sunday 9:00pm (Off this week)
If you have an outstanding balance with Etz Ahaim, please send in your payment to help the Synagogue. Your help is appreciated
If you are the last person to leave the building (except on Shabbat and Chaggim) make sure all the lights are out
If you are celebrating a simcha or want to remember a loved one, sponsoring a kiddush is one of the best ways to mark the occasion. To sponsor a Shabbat Kiddush, please go to our Kiddush Sponsorship Page on our website and fill out the on line form. We'll get in contact with you as soon as possible. To sponsor a seuda or a Sunday morning breakfast, call the shul at 732-247-3839.
Bikur Cholim of Congregation Etz Ahaim
- Our Congregation has its own Bikur Cholim Committee. If you know of a congregant who is in the hospital or a nursing home and would like a visit, please let us know. If there is a Home-bound congregant who is in need of a visit or assistance, we can help. We may also be able to make contact with a Jewish Agency which may be able to provide additional services. Please call Rose Reiss at 732-828-7415.
- Nursing Home Visitation: Seeking volunteers to visit Mollie Reuben, Shirley Cohen, and others at the Regency nursing home on DeMott Lane in Somerset. For more info or an updated list of residents requesting visitors, please call or email Rahel Baruh at 732-672-4673
- Transportation Committee: Drivers and coordinators needed. Coordinate rides to and from medical appointments - match requests with an available driver. Each coordinator serves for two weeks at a time. To volunteer to coordinate or to drive, please call Bikur Cholim hotline at 732-572-7181 or fill out the volunteer form.
The congregation extends get-well wishes to:
- Viktorya Koen
- Avishai ben Esther
- Galina bat Riva
- Joey Cenci (Yoseph Michael ben Yael Rut)
- Linda Balavram (Emuna bat Sarah)
- Stuart Balavram (Shammai ben Yitzchak)
- Nancy Reich
- Yehudah Reich
- Benny Mayo
- Mary Belsky
- Esther Arouh
- Lilas Saltiel
- Donna Bardy
- Mary Naar
- Lita Greenberg
- Bradley Greenberg
- Marcelo Schor
- Perla bat Leah
- Leora bat Matana
Park Mikvah is now providing towels and robes.
- Sunday - Thursday 9:00pm to 11:00pm
- Friday Nights: By appointment only
- Motzai Shabbat
- October 14, 21, 28: 9:00 - 11:00pm
We appreciate your patience and financial support. Please continue to check our website and hotline at 732-249-2411 for updates
Have you participated in this incredible mitzvah campaign yet? Please go to www.parkmikvah.org/donate to help raise the remaining funds!
ACTT: The Emunah 2 module is dedicated in memory of: Tziporah Chaya Heindel bas Shmuel Mordechai haLevi, Chaya Friedman, a"h .
The current source book is: Artscroll’s Living Emunah volume 2 - Achieving A Life of Serenity Through Faith by Rabbi David Ashear. The audio of Rabbi Bregman's insightful and inspiring "How To Achieve Success Through Emunah" presentation is now available for listening or downloading from the Audio page of the ACTT website. For more info, email ACTT or call Phil Rosen at (732) 572-8762.
Tiferes DVD for Women
Weekly teleconferences with topics such as shalom bayis and parenting are available to Tiferes members. Current teleconference: Elul – Mining its Treasures. Speakers: Mrs. Tehava Lebowitz, Rabbi Menachem Nissel, and Rabbi Daniel Glatstein. For more info, please contact Aviva Siegel
The Highland Park/Edison group of Tiferes is zecher l'nishmas Malka bas Shalom.
A Family's Plea for Help
Update - Thank you to all who have contributed to raise funds for a community member to attend a rehab program. This person has completed the first and most expensive part of the program, and is, thank G-d, doing well.
Even with the generous donations shared by community members, the family was forced to borrow thousands of dollars each month to pay $6,000 monthly for the program. They are struggling with significant accumulated debt, and our help is still needed. Please help this local family recover from extreme financial burden. They have generously supported our community in the past and never though they would need to ask for themselves.
Please visit the Chesed Fund and open up open up your hearts and help this local family with their expenses. They have been generous in the past in supporting our community and never thought they would need to ask for themselves.
If you wish to make out a check instead of contributing online, please make it out to Congregation Ohav Emeth, in the memo write Rabbi's Charity Fund. On a separate note (NOT in memo) write that it is for the Rehab campaign"
Please note: Rabbi Kaufman and Rabbi Kaminetzky have reviewed this issue and the great need of the family and encourage all to help in this extremely worthy and lifesaving effort.
Raritan Valley Bikur Cholim
Volunteers: To visit a male patient at the AristaCare facility in South Plainfield. It is a 10 minute drive from our community. Also looking for a male to sit, schmooze and learn with a male patient at AristaCare. Family is willing to pay. For more information please contact Nitza Adler (732)819-9294
New Hospitality Room at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital! It is located on the main floor. Go through the main entrance and bear left towards the gift shop. Turn right through the double doors. Follow hall and turn right. The room is located opposite the surgical intensive care unit. You will find it fully stocked with food and any items that you might need. There is a microwave, urn, sink, table & chairs, as well as two reclining chairs. For inquiries, please call the helpline at 732-572-7181.
Mother’s Helpers: Bikur Cholim is looking for Mother's Helpers to help with a special need's five year old girl. Volunteers are needed for any time, Monday through Friday. We are looking for girls tenth grade and up. If you can help, even for a few hours, please call Mrs. Rivka Teresh directly at 347-598-9448.
Homebound Visitation: Seeking adults and 11th graders and older who would be interested in volunteering to visit homebound people in our community. For more info, please call Bikur Cholim at 732-572-7181.
Nursing Home Visitation: Seeking volunteers to visit at the Regency nursing home on DeMott Lane in Somerset. For more info, please call Rahel Baruh at 732-672-4673 or email email@example.com
Transportation Committee: Drivers and coordinators needed. Coordinate rides to and from medical appointments - match requesters with an available driver. Each coordinator serves for two weeks at a time. To volunteer to coordinate or to drive, please call Bikur Cholim hotline at 732-572-7181 or fill out the volunteer form.
- New Website: http://bikurcholimrv.com. The new website provides information regarding Bikur Cholim services, including how to access our local hospitals on Shabbat, how to borrow medical equipment, and how to get prescription medication on Shabbat.
Rabbi Yisroel Weiss Parsha Class for Men and Women: Wednesday night at 8:30pm at the home of Marsha Eiserman, 154 N. 10th Avenue, Highland Park. For more info, please call Marsha at 347-203-7906. There will be no shiur on October 25, 2017
The Women's AMEN Group meets monthly on the Sundays following the Shabbos in which one blesses Rosh Chodesh, at 9:30 AM in a downstairs classroom at Congregation Ohr Torah. The group meets in the zechus of a refuah shelaimah for Menachem Mordechai ben Ophira and the other Cholim in the community.
Bikur Cholim OWLS (Overnight Women Labor Support): A complimentary service for maternity situations whereby volunteers will come to stay with your kids during the night. For more info on receiving this service or becoming a volunteer, please contact Rikki at 732-249-5116.
Donations of diapers, pull-ups, and wipes are currently being accepted for the new HP/Edison Diaper Gemach. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Rebbitzen Eichenstein’s classes for women: Tefillah class on Sunday, September 10 at 10:00 AM at the Aguda shule; No class on Monday, September 11. For more info, please contact Aviva Siegel at 732-572-4408.
The Edison/Highland Park gown Gemach, L'iluy Nishmas R' Yitzchok Ben Binyomin, is open for business! The Gemach houses a wide selection of gowns for children, pre-teen, teens and adults. Please note the Gemach is still looking for donation of gowns in very good condition. Tax deduction is given and pick up of the gowns can also be arranged. For more information and/or to schedule an appointment please call Sara Scott at 516-526-0941.
Collecting Sheitels: Keren Kol Kallah - established to provide orphan and destitute kallahs in Israel with essential needs. Donated custom sheitels, some brand-new, some gently worn, are sold to women in Israel who would not otherwise have the funds to buy a quality wig.
All the money raised at the sale goes towards a hachnasas kallah fund which helps needy brides in Eretz Yisrael. Sheitels can be dropped off by Aviva, 16 Edgemount Road, Edison. For more info, please see contact Aviva Siegel.